Curry Chicken Noodles
Curry Chicken Noodles Recipe
Use your favourite brand of instant chicken curry sauce to whip this dish in a jiffy. I am using a 240 grams of A1 Chicken Curry Sauce.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 5 shallots peeled and chopped finely
- 1 packet instant curry sauce
- 4 sprigs curry leaves
- 700ml water
- 2 chicken thighs cut to small pieces
- 200 grams chicken breast
- 2 russet potatoes peeled and cut to small chunks
- 50g tau pok (tofu puffs) sliced vertically to 2 cm length
- 100g cooked fish cake sliced thinly
- 200ml coconut milk
- 200g yellow noodles
- chilli powder to taste
- salt and/or fish sauce to taste
- In a wok, heat oil and fry the shallots until lightly browned. Add curry sauce and curry leaves, stir fry for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add water and chicken. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes and simmer for another 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked and potatoes are tender.
- Add tau pok and fish cake slices, simmer for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat, stir in the coconut milk and warm the curry. Add chilli powder to taste for extra heat and season to taste with salt and/or fish sauce. If the curry is too thick, add some hot water. It should be slightly soupy.
- Take out the cooked chicken and shred to smaller chunks.
- Blanch noodles in boiling water and a bit of oil. Drain and portion noodles in serving bowls. Top each bowl with potato, fish cake, tau pok and chicken. Ladle curry gravy over.