Curry Chicken Noodles
It has been raining almost every evening, so I thought I will make a hearty comfort meal of curry chicken to enjoy in the cooler weather. I decided to turn the curry into a one-dish meal by adding noodles, just like the popular curry chicken noodles from Hong Lim Food Centre which my family loves. I use instant chicken paste so this turns out to be a easy and fuss-free one-dish meal. Tofu puffs (tau pok), fish cake slices, potatoes and shredded chicken are added for a complete meal. The result was really satisfying.
Like Noob Cook on Facebook
Recipe Updates via Email
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 5 shallots, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 packet instant curry sauce (I use A1 brand, 240g)
- 4 sprigs curry leaves
- 700ml water
- 2 chicken thighs, cut to small pieces
- 1 chicken breast, about 200g
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and cut to small chunks
- 50g tau pok (tofu puffs), sliced vertically to 2 cm length
- 100g cooked fish cake, sliced thinly
- 200ml coconut milk
- 200g yellow noodles
- chilli powder, to taste
- salt, to taste
- fish sauce, to taste
1. In a pan or wok, heat oil and fry the shallots until lightly browned. Add curry sauce and curry leaves, stir fry until fragrant.
2. Add water and chicken. Simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add potatoes and simmer for another 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked and potatoes are tender.
4. Add tau pok and fish cake slices, simmer for 2 minutes.
5. Reduce heat, stir in the coconut milk and warm the curry. Add chilli powder to taste for extra heat and season to taste with salt and/or fish sauce. If the curry is too thick, add some hot water. It should be slightly soupy.
6. Take out the cooked chicken and shred to smaller chunks.
7. Blanch noodles in boiling water and a bit of oil. Drain and set aside.
8. Portion noodles in serving bowls. Top with potato, fish cake, tau pok and chicken. Ladle curry gravy over.
- Curry Chicken with Potatoes
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|