Crispy Crab Sticks
by wiffy on January 31, 2013
Crispy Crab Sticks Recipe
- Serves: fills roughly 1-2 CNY cookie bottles (depending on the size of your bottle)
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
These crispy crab sticks are easy to make and keeps for up to one week in an air-tight container. The preparation time indicated above is not inclusive of the air drying time ( 3-5 hours).
- 500 grams imitation crab sticks
- 200 ml cooking oil for deep-frying
- Gently peel and unroll the crab sticks, then separate to roughly 1 cm width.
- Arrange the crab sticks one layer on plates and allow to air or fan dry for several hours, until they are dried and slightly curled.
- Heat oil in wok. Test the temperature of the oil by dropping a piece of crab stick in it. The crab stick should sizzle, float upwards and flatten out instantly. Deep fry in small batches until lightly golden. Drain excess oil on paper towels and store in an air-tight container.
Pages: 1 2
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|