Creamy Tortellini with Ham and Mushrooms
by wiffy on April 20, 2012
During our last cook-together, my friend Pam made creamy tortellini to serve alongside Jac’s baked portobello mushrooms and my buffalo wings. As you can imagine, we had quite the feast! Pam’s creamy tortellini was so delicious that I had to cook it soon after the gathering, receiving two thumbs up from my family! My version is slightly creamier and wetter than Pam’s due to my family’s personal preference. If you love a gourmet tasting and looking pasta dish in under 30 minutes, this is the perfect recipe for you.
Like Noob Cook on Facebook
Recipe Updates via Email
Pam used the Buitoni brand of ready-made tortellini (see photos on page 2) which eliminated the hard work of making the tortellini from scratch (totally suits my style of cooking hehe). This recipe will also work with ready-made ravioli. Thanks Pam for opening up her beautiful home and kitchen to us, and for sharing her yummy recipe. Can’t wait for our next cooking session!!
Creamy Tortellini with Ham and Mushrooms Recipe
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
This is a really flexible recipe; you can easily adjust the consistency & creaminess of the sauce by tweaking the amount of chicken stock, cheese and cream.
- 140 grams refrigerated tortellini
- 20 grams butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 white/yellow onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 100 grams button mushrooms stalks removed, sliced thinly
- 50 grams ham diced
- 3 tbsp chicken stock
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp fresh thickened cream
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Cook tortellini in boiling water according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat butter and olive oil in pan. Fry onions until they start to become translucent (about a minute or two), then add the garlic and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add mushrooms. After 1 minute, add ham. Stir fry until the mushrooms are softened.
- Add chicken stock and white wine. Once the sauce is simmering, add cheese and cream; stir to mix well.
- Return cooked tortellini to the pan to coat evenly in the sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley before serving.
(Get more photos, cooking notes and ingredient list on page 2)
Pages: 1 2
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|