Cranberry Sauce Muffins
This is the last Christmas recipe I’ll be featuring this year. More of a leftover recipe actually. If you have leftover cranberries and cranberry sauce, you can try this easy muffin recipe. I haven’t been baking muffins for a while so I thought I will make something from my leftover cranberries while the Christmas mood is still lingering. I use back my trusty blueberry muffins base recipe, but I half the sugar since the cranberry sauce is already sweetened. The result is mildly sweet & moist muffins which complement the slight tartness of the whole cranberries. This is a great pick-me-up for breakfast & tea time.
Like Noob Cook on Facebook
Recipe Updates via Email
(Makes about a dozen muffins with cupcake liner measuring 5cm in diameter by 3cm in height)
- 1 1/2 cups* (190g) plain flour
- 1 1/2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 100g caster sugar
- 200g cranberry sauce (either store-bought canned whole cranberry sauce or home-made)
- 3/4 cup cranberries (if frozen, no need to thaw before use)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 65 grams butter, softened
* Cup refers to US cup measurement
You also need:
- large bowl & wooden spoon
- disposable baking cases
- muffin baking tray
1. Sift flour, baking powder and sugar together, and mix well.
2. Add in milk, vanilla extract, eggs and butter and stir until just blended (and lumpy). Be careful not to over mix as it will result in a tough texture.
3. Fold in the cranberries and cranberry sauce into the mixture. Place baking cases in muffin tins. Spoon the mixture into the cases till about 2/3 full.
4. Bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven of 200C (400F) or until slightly golden brown. Allow to rest for several minutes before serving. Store for a day in an airtight container. Freeze extras in ziplock bags and whenever you need a muffin or two, toast them for a few minutes in the oven till they are warm.
- Cranberry Sauce
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|