Sambal Quail Eggs Recipe Braised Ee-Fu Noodles Recipe Teh 'C' Recipe Watermelon Soju Recipe Bittergourd Salted Egg Recipe Myojo Ramen Char Mee 100 (Instant Noodles Review)

Coca-Cola Chicken Wings

Coca-Cola Chicken Wings

We are all familiar with Coca-Cola (Coke) as a drink but do you know it can be used in cooking too? C0ca-Cola Chicken Wings (可乐鸡翅), is a classic Chinese recipe where Coke is used as the base of the simmering sauce, which not only tenderises but also cameralises the chicken wings. The result is delicious, finger-licking good chicken wings with a sweet & sticky glaze.

Check Out: Chicken Wings Recipes

This is a super easy recipe with only a few ingredients and steps. I used to drink 1 can of Coke a day in my teens but nowadays I hardly touch any sweet drinks now as I became conscious about sugar intake. Sneaking in Coke into home cooking somehow feels less guilty than drinking it (even if it’s not true)!

Coca-Cola Chicken Wings

54 Responses to “Coca-Cola Chicken Wings”

1. Mrslimvoyage — March 22, 2012 @ 8:29 pm

Thank you for this wonderfully easy yet yummy recipe! Tried it last week and we finished 8 chicken wings within mins! Like to check if we can add rice wine to the recipe? Thanks!

• wiffy replied: — March 27th, 2012 @ 11:39 am

yup, you can add rice wine if you like to. Glad you like it!

• mrslimvoyage replied: — March 27th, 2012 @ 1:55 pm

Tried adding rice wine but I don’t think it is that nice.. it adds a bitter aftertaste which spoils the sweetness. :P

2. Alice — March 27, 2012 @ 11:21 am

At first I thought I put too much cola and water, but once the water evaporates with the boiling of the sauce, it starts to be thicken. Hah, for ppl like myself, who took the coke directly from the fridge, it will take a lot longer… since I have to wait for the sauce to boil. So lucky I found this site. It will be my saving grace when I move to Aussie without my parents’ home cooking =P

• wiffy replied: — March 27th, 2012 @ 11:41 am

thanks, glad it’s a success. yes it does seem a lot of sauce at first, but it will nicely cameralised and thicken as the sauce simmers.

3. anterina — August 25, 2012 @ 4:47 pm

I tried this yesterday and it was a blast! Awesome recipe and I am totally hooked on this! Thanks!

4. ET — September 2, 2012 @ 4:27 am

Hi,

May I know if it’s possible to use chicken fillets instead of the wings / drumsticks?

Thank you!

• wiffy replied: — September 3rd, 2012 @ 11:51 am

Hi, it is highly recommended to cook this with skin/bone on type of cut, but you can substitute with chicken fillet if you like.

5. Mandy — September 12, 2012 @ 2:44 pm

Can we bake the chicken wings?

• wiffy replied: — September 13th, 2012 @ 10:10 am

I’ve not tried, but yes you can bake them.

6. Pauline — October 10, 2012 @ 12:14 pm

Hi Wiffy,
    I put 100ml water and more dark soya sauce as it tasted bland and looked light even after simmering for 15 min. The longer it simmers, say at least 30min, the better it tastes.

• wiffy replied: — October 10th, 2012 @ 12:30 pm

Hi Pauline, did you use the cooking/baking measurement spoons for tsp/tbsp not the silver spoons we use as cutlery? Yes, feel free to adjust the ingredients/simmering time to suit your preference.

7. Pauline — October 10, 2012 @ 2:22 pm

Yes, I used measuring spoon. My improvised method worked. It was yummy! Thanks!

8. Juvy Binas — December 7, 2012 @ 2:54 am

Did i need to put salt and garlic on it,,,?

• wiffy replied: — December 26th, 2012 @ 3:38 pm

no need salt as the soy sauces are salty. Garlic is up to you, you can add it if you like.

9. Lily — December 9, 2012 @ 11:41 pm

Hi wiffy! Did you simmer with lid or without?

• wiffy replied: — December 26th, 2012 @ 3:35 pm

Hi Lily, I simmer with lid on.

10. asha — March 26, 2013 @ 9:48 pm

Thank you for the amazing recipe!! It was awesome and easy to cook it…at first i was sceptical about the recipe but after i try it it was fabulous!!!! Full stars i would award u with the great recipe!! much love from SINGAPORE!!!