Coca-Cola Chicken Wings 可乐鸡翅
We are all familiar with Coca-Cola (Coke) as a drink but do you know it can be used in cooking too? In this classic Chinese recipe, Coke is used as the base of the simmering sauce, which not only tenderises but also cameralises the chicken wings. The result is delicious, finger-licking good chicken wings with a sweet & sticky glaze. This is a super easy recipe with few ingredients and steps. I used to drink 1 can of Coke a day in my teens but nowadays I hardly touch any sweet drinks now as I became conscious about sugar intake. Sneaking in Coke into home cooking somehow feels less guilty than drinking it (even if it’s not true) :P
Like Noob Cook on Facebook
Recipe Updates via Email
Check out all chicken wings recipes.
Coca-Cola Chicken Wings Recipe
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
In this classic Chinese recipe, Coke is used as the base of the simmering sauce, and it helps to tenderise and cameralise the chicken. The result is delicious, finger-licking good chicken wings with a sweet & sticky glaze.
- 8 (about 320grams) mid joint chicken wings
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 200 ml regular Coca-Cola (do not use diet or flavoured Coke)
- 200 ml water
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1-2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Marinade the chicken wings in light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and sesame oil for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in wok or saucepan and brown chicken on both sides.
- Add Coca-Cola, water and leftover marinade sauce. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the sauce is reduced to a thick & sticky syrup, turning once halfway.
Get more photos and cooking notes for Coca-Cola Chicken Wings on page 2.
Pages: 1 2
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|