Teh 'C' Recipe Watermelon Soju Recipe Bittergourd Salted Egg Recipe Myojo Ramen Char Mee 100 (Instant Noodles Review) Snowskin Mooncakes Recipe Birthday Mee Sua (Longevity Noodles) Recipe

Chrysanthemum Tea Jelly

Chrysanthemum Tea Jelly

This is a fun way to consume chrysanthemum tea … by eating it! It is really simple with a box of konnyaku jelly powder. Using brewed chrysanthemum tea instead of plain water, there is no artificial colouring or flavouring in this jelly.

Similar Recipe: Osmanthus Jelly

Chrysanthemum tea is known to be an excellent thirst quencher because of its “cooling” property which means it lowers body heat. This dessert is perfect for our tropical heat. This is a truly refreshing, healthy and yummy dessert.

Chrysanthemum Tea Jelly

I was first introduced to this dessert when my friend Anemone made some for me to try. It was love at first bite … thanks for teaching me how to make it!

85 Responses to “Chrysanthemum Tea Jelly”

1. ravenouscouple — April 20, 2010 @ 11:40 am

is this the same as agar agar?

• wiffy replied: — April 20th, 2010 @ 12:39 pm

I think it’s slightly different. I believe this konnyaku jelly is firmer than the agar agar. You can use agar agar for this recipe too :)

2. heidileon — April 28, 2010 @ 12:41 pm

wonderful, it is an excellent idea for South East Asia hot weather.

beautiful pictures.

3. aapricott — May 2, 2010 @ 5:58 pm

Absolutely refreshing! I cant find the mould and i just pour the jelly mixture into a shallow bowl. Where can i find the jelly mould?

• wiffy replied: — May 2nd, 2010 @ 6:01 pm

hihi, my friend bought hers at Phoon Huat. I bought mine at those neighbourhood provision shops (those that sell cutlery). Hope you find it!

4. Grace — May 8, 2010 @ 11:13 pm

Hey.. My mom does this too and mixes it up with Earl Grey tea, Rose hips tea, etc. She lets this set in a tupperware, cuts it into cubes, then adds it into a mix of water + cane sugar + lime + chopped kiwi or strawberry. Super refreshing, and healthy ;-) Best served chilled !

• wiffy replied: — May 10th, 2010 @ 5:38 pm

omg your mum’s version sounds delicious. She’s really creative! I have to try it out one day. Thanks for sharing :)

5. ILikePaperCutting — May 11, 2010 @ 2:29 pm

what a refreshing and trendy desserts.

6. goh siw hwi — July 12, 2010 @ 9:11 pm

hi. i try the jelly. need to check, after boiling the chrysanthemum, after taking out the flower, i got only left with about 260ml chrysanthemum tea left. is it correct?
    I add in water to make it to 500ml so that i can dissolved the jelly powder.
    please advise if i was right for the above steps.

• wiffy replied: — July 12th, 2010 @ 10:07 pm

hi gsh, what happened to the jelly when you added the water to make it 500ml? if it’s too watery you may have added too much water. I don’t remember adding water. I boiled the water with chrysanthemum for 2 minutes, and as I am draining the flowers, I try to press out the water soaked by the flowers back to the mixture. I think I have a bit more than 260ml.

• goh siw hwi replied: — July 19th, 2010 @ 8:55 am

not watery at all. texture is like normal konnaya jelly. will the chrysanthemum tea taste bitter if boil too long? some of it taste bitter. but it is a nice dessert. got any mango pudding recipe?

• wiffy replied: — July 22nd, 2010 @ 1:11 pm

then it’s good. I’m not sure, but I don’t think it’s necessary to boil the chrysanthemum for too long – I know some people even just simmer them in a cup of hot water. I’ve not tried mango pudding before :)

7. Veronica — August 3, 2010 @ 3:04 pm

Hi Wiffy, I would like to check after I unmold the jelly and place in a box then back to the fridge but how come the base start to melt after few hours? Is it because the temperature of the fridge is not low enough?
    By the way the jelly is great = )

• wiffy replied: — August 3rd, 2010 @ 11:14 pm

Hi Veronica, I encountered the same issue of the jelly starting to melt, but I think it’s normal. For me, the melting is quite minimal, about 1-2mm (height) a day. So I try to finish the jelly in 3 days, but they are usually in my tummy before then hehe

• veronica replied: — August 4th, 2010 @ 4:36 pm

Hi Wiffy thanks for the reply. I am just wondering after you simmer the chrysanthemum, your water level only left with around 300 ml , won’t your jelly become more hard since the require amount of water is 500 ml?

• wiffy replied: — August 5th, 2010 @ 9:00 am

hmm, I should be left with a bit more than 300ml because I only boiled briefly and I squeeze the water from the chrysanthemum flowers. Also I think when the package states add 500ml, I think they accounted for a bit of evaporation from the boiling. But if you’re concerned about too little water, maybe you can boil more chrysanthemum tea, and use the required amount to make the jelly. For the excess, you can add sugar and store in the fridge to drink. I’ll updated my recipe with this tip. Thanks for your question :)

8. LingLing — August 8, 2010 @ 11:40 pm

I try this recipe today and loves it. Even MIL say nice.

9. Jessica — September 15, 2010 @ 11:25 am

Hi Wiffy,
    Oh that polka dot table layout in ur photo, is it a table cloth or a placemat ? looks so sweet. where u bought it from ?

I made looking ard where can i find nice table placemat for my dining table.

• wiffy replied: — September 15th, 2010 @ 3:15 pm

Hi Jessica, that’s just a paper cardboard I got from Made with Love (stationery shop at Plaza Sing)

10. Joanne — December 24, 2010 @ 3:44 pm

Hi ! :D
    I love your recipe … but it came out really sweet even though i didn’t put any sugar … How can I change the recipe ?