Dijon Honey Chicken Wings Recipe Beef Claypot Rice Recipe How to Make Grated Ginger Juice Ginger Grater Singapore Char Kway Teow Recipe Philips Airfryer Giveaway

Chrysanthemum Tea Jelly

Chrysanthemum Tea Jelly
Refreshing and healthy jelly made with chrysanthemum tea (菊花茶)

This is a fun way to consume chrysanthemum tea … by eating it! It is really simple with a box of konnyaku jelly powder. Using brewed chrysanthemum tea instead of plain water, there is no artificial colouring or flavouring in this jelly. Chrysanthemum tea is known to be an excellent thirst quencher because of its “cooling” property which means it lowers body heat. This dessert is perfect for our tropical heat. This is a truly refreshing, healthy and yummy dessert.

Chrysanthemum Tea Jelly

I was first introduced to this dessert when my friend Anemone made some for me to try. It was love at first bite and she taught me how to make it. Thanks girl!

Ingredients
- 1 packet of pre-sweetened* konnyaku jelly powder (mine is 120g)
- water (according to the konnyaku jelly powder box instructions; mine requires 550ml)
- dried chrysanthemum flowers 菊花/朵朵香 (20g for every 500ml water)
- 1 to 2 tsp wolfberries, soaked in water till puffy (about 20 minutes)

* If you’re not using pre-sweetened mix, add appropriate amounts of sugar to taste.

Additional tool(s) needed
- jelly moulds

Making Chrysanthemum Jelly
Jelly moulds and Konnyaku jelly powder I used (you can use any brand)

Directions

1. In a pot, add water and bring to a boil. When water is boiling, add chrysanthemum flowers and simmer for a short few minutes (roughly 2 minutes).
2. Off the flame, take out the flowers and run the tea through a sieve. Return the chrysanthemum tea back to the pot and bring back to a boil.
3. Once water is boiling, add konnyaku jelly powder. Stir until the powder is fully dissolved. Off the flame.
4. Add 3-4 wolfberries to each jelly mould, then pour the jelly solution prepared in step 3 to fill each mould. Let the jelly cool down a bit in room temperature and chill in fridge till the jelly is set.

Chrysanthemum Tea Jelly

Similar Recipe
- Osmanthus Jelly Recipe
- Chrysanthemum Tea Recipe

85 Responses to “Chrysanthemum Tea Jelly”

1. daphne — April 12, 2010 @ 7:34 pm

great minds think alike about jelly! must be the weather. LOL

I love the creative use of konniyaku jelly. I tend to just use aloe vera/nata decoco. but this is another idea to add to the list! Now I am thinking of all other kinds of jelly… like peach jelly, rose tea konniyaku.. haha, u got me thinking!!!

• wiffy replied: — April 13th, 2010 @ 8:09 pm

I’ve not tried aloe vera/nana decoco. sounds nice too! I’m thinking of other versions already too, hehe

2. diva — April 12, 2010 @ 10:34 pm

It’s starting to get so warm here now in England so summery treats are so in. This will do! Will really cool me down lots and i bet they taste really great too :)

3. tasteofbeirut — April 12, 2010 @ 11:40 pm

I have bought a few of these packages and was not really sure how to use them ! Thanks for some great pointers and a lovely recipe!

4. Bob — April 13, 2010 @ 4:13 am

Those are just awesome. I don’t think I’ve had chrysanthemum tea, although I’d like to! Heh.

5. Juliana — April 13, 2010 @ 5:53 am

Oh! I bought many packs of konnyaku jelly powder when I went to Taiwan…you just reminded me that I should use them…and chrysanthemum tea flavor must be really refreshing :-) Great pictures as always !

6. sweetlife — April 13, 2010 @ 6:02 am

how lovely…great idea I bet it is just so delsih…great pic

sweetlife

7. Marysol — April 13, 2010 @ 11:31 pm

This looks deliciously refreshing, and their shapes make them outstanding. What a great idea!

8. Alina — April 14, 2010 @ 2:07 am

How interesting! I’ve never heard of chrysanthemum tea before, let alone chrysanthemum jelly!.. Looks very refreshing! :up:

9. 3hungrytummies — April 15, 2010 @ 9:26 pm

How funny I just had some chrysanthemum and goji tea. The jelly looks so refreshing and pretty!

10. Xiaolu @ 6 Bittersweets — April 18, 2010 @ 10:08 am

This does look wonderfully refreshing! Unfortunately chrysanthemum tea has given me a terrible headache for as long as I remember. But I bet I could make some tasty jelly from other tea or beverages :).