Snowskin Mooncakes Recipe Birthday Mee Sua (Longevity Noodles) Recipe Mum's Egg Mee Sua Recipe Traditional Baked Mooncakes Recipe Ottogi Korean Cheese Ramen Foochow Red Wine Mee Sua Recipe

Chrysanthemum Tea Jelly

Chrysanthemum Tea Jelly

This is a fun way to consume chrysanthemum tea … by eating it! It is really simple with a box of konnyaku jelly powder. Using brewed chrysanthemum tea instead of plain water, there is no artificial colouring or flavouring in this jelly.

Similar Recipe: Osmanthus Jelly

Chrysanthemum tea is known to be an excellent thirst quencher because of its “cooling” property which means it lowers body heat. This dessert is perfect for our tropical heat. This is a truly refreshing, healthy and yummy dessert.

Chrysanthemum Tea Jelly

I was first introduced to this dessert when my friend Anemone made some for me to try. It was love at first bite … thanks for teaching me how to make it!

85 Responses to “Chrysanthemum Tea Jelly”

1. daphne — April 12, 2010 @ 7:34 pm

great minds think alike about jelly! must be the weather. LOL

I love the creative use of konniyaku jelly. I tend to just use aloe vera/nata decoco. but this is another idea to add to the list! Now I am thinking of all other kinds of jelly… like peach jelly, rose tea konniyaku.. haha, u got me thinking!!!

• wiffy replied: — April 13th, 2010 @ 8:09 pm

I’ve not tried aloe vera/nana decoco. sounds nice too! I’m thinking of other versions already too, hehe

2. diva — April 12, 2010 @ 10:34 pm

It’s starting to get so warm here now in England so summery treats are so in. This will do! Will really cool me down lots and i bet they taste really great too :)

3. tasteofbeirut — April 12, 2010 @ 11:40 pm

I have bought a few of these packages and was not really sure how to use them ! Thanks for some great pointers and a lovely recipe!

4. Bob — April 13, 2010 @ 4:13 am

Those are just awesome. I don’t think I’ve had chrysanthemum tea, although I’d like to! Heh.

5. Juliana — April 13, 2010 @ 5:53 am

Oh! I bought many packs of konnyaku jelly powder when I went to Taiwan…you just reminded me that I should use them…and chrysanthemum tea flavor must be really refreshing :-) Great pictures as always !

6. sweetlife — April 13, 2010 @ 6:02 am

how lovely…great idea I bet it is just so delsih…great pic

sweetlife

7. Marysol — April 13, 2010 @ 11:31 pm

This looks deliciously refreshing, and their shapes make them outstanding. What a great idea!

8. Alina — April 14, 2010 @ 2:07 am

How interesting! I’ve never heard of chrysanthemum tea before, let alone chrysanthemum jelly!.. Looks very refreshing! :up:

9. 3hungrytummies — April 15, 2010 @ 9:26 pm

How funny I just had some chrysanthemum and goji tea. The jelly looks so refreshing and pretty!

10. Xiaolu @ 6 Bittersweets — April 18, 2010 @ 10:08 am

This does look wonderfully refreshing! Unfortunately chrysanthemum tea has given me a terrible headache for as long as I remember. But I bet I could make some tasty jelly from other tea or beverages :).