Chinese Minestrone Soup Recipe Claypot Chicken Brown Rice Recipe Lo Mai Gai Recipe 10-Minute Matcha Latte Recipe Braised Tofu Recipe Tomato Eggs Recipe

Chocolate Lava Cake

Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe

My buddy Anemone showed me this yummy looking Chocolate Lava Cake recipe and we made a date to come over my place to make it. It was really fun for friends to cook together!

You May Also Like: Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe

I don’t normally have a sweet tooth, and I wasn’t really acquainted with this French dessert, but my friend convinced me that I will like it. She was right – it was really good! Not too sweet like most desserts are, and just the right amount of chocolatey-ness. Not just any chocolate, but warm & oozing runny chocolate goodness (hence the names chocolate lava cake/molten chocolate cake/chocolate fondant pudding).

Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe

Both my friend and I agreed that it is a very simple recipe and we succeeded in making it to the right consistency on the first attempt (chocolate oozing out when cut in the middle). I think this is an excellent dessert to serve when entertaining guests – simply prepare everything in advance, and after your guests have finished their main course, just pop the ramekins into the oven for 10 minutes. Your guests will really be impressed with how effortless you whip up a warm and delicious dessert with no sweat and in no time at all – never mind the messy behind-the-scenes, you would have washed up before they arrived.

225 Responses to “Chocolate Lava Cake”

1 5 6 7 8 9 16
  1. Neha Sen — July 14, 2011 @ 1:00 am

its easy to make but i dont hav da temperature control in my oven or may be it is there
    but i m not understanding.i dont no how to do it.

2. rolling — August 3, 2011 @ 3:22 pm

thanks a lot for the recipe! i did it just as you stated, and the chocolate came flowing out beautifully! (and my sister who is usually very critical about food loved it too!)

3. S.K. Beswick — August 4, 2011 @ 11:38 am

Hi,

I’m in Sg now, my good friend Margaret took me to have lava cake at the old bldg opp NUS ? near Bukit Timah/Botanic Garden. It was delicious. My USA friend Cathy once baked me a lava cake, huge one and I saved half in the fridge & microwaved the next day & it was still good, so it should be ok to bake in advance but warm it in the microwave before eating, proven and tasted. SK from Newington, NH USA

4. Jessie — August 8, 2011 @ 4:41 pm

Hi,

I can use oven toaster to bake this? Please advice.

• wiffy replied: — August 8th, 2011 @ 5:05 pm

Hi, do you have temperature control setting for the toaster? I baked these cakes at 180 Celsius.

5. qwerty — August 27, 2011 @ 4:42 pm

if i use oven toaster widout temperature settings..can i stil bake a cake like tis? how long do i nid to bake for? thx

• wiffy replied: — August 31st, 2011 @ 1:35 pm

hi qwerty, does your toaster oven comes with temperature setting control? If so, set it to the temperature indicated. If not, just bake one and see what the cake becomes, and adjust the heat (I suppose it comes with low, med, high at the very least) or duration from there.

6. nikita — September 1, 2011 @ 2:40 pm

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

7. Adeel — October 1, 2011 @ 12:12 pm

This cake tasted like Chocolate Indulgence fro secret Recipe

8. Vanessa — October 18, 2011 @ 11:39 pm

Thanks for the recipe !! My family and friends love it alot !

9. Vanessa — October 18, 2011 @ 11:41 pm

I have shared this recipe to my friends ! :D

10. Vanessa — October 18, 2011 @ 11:45 pm

Oh , And i need to ask , Can Molten Lava cake overnight ? In the room temperature?? Please reply me when you see this . thank you (:

• wiffy replied: — October 19th, 2011 @ 11:39 am

thanks for your feedback and sharing. I’m not sure about keeping it overnight sorry, as they are always gone quite quickly ;)

• Vanessa replied: — October 22nd, 2011 @ 1:58 pm