Dijon Honey Chicken Wings Recipe Beef Claypot Rice Recipe How to Make Grated Ginger Juice Ginger Grater Singapore Char Kway Teow Recipe Philips Airfryer Giveaway

Chocolate Lava Cake

Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe

Check Out: Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe

My buddy Anemone showed me this yummy looking Chocolate Lava Cake recipe and we made a date to come over my place to make it. It was really fun for friends to cook together! I don’t normally have a sweet tooth, and I wasn’t really acquainted with this French dessert, but my friend convinced me that I will like it. She was right – it was really good! Not too sweet like most desserts are, and just the right amount of chocolatey-ness. Not just any chocolate, but warm & oozing runny chocolate goodness (hence the names chocolate lava cake/molten chocolate cake/chocolate fondant pudding).

Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe

Both my friend and I agreed that it is a very simple recipe and we succeeded in making it to the right consistency on the first attempt (chocolate oozing out when cut in the middle). I think this is an excellent dessert to serve when entertaining guests – simply prepare everything in advance, and after your guests have finished their main course, just pop the ramekins into the oven for 10 minutes. Your guests will really be impressed with how effortless you whip up a warm and delicious dessert with no sweat and in no time at all – never mind the messy behind-the-scenes, you would have washed up before they arrived.

205 Responses to “Chocolate Lava Cake”

1. Abdul — December 3, 2012 @ 12:03 am

made my mouth water….
    looks delicious
    and also love the designs variations

2. Amelia — December 18, 2012 @ 5:24 pm

I jus made one and it came out perfect… It’s a beauty. Thanks for the recipe

3. beelay — December 25, 2012 @ 5:35 pm

I chanced upon yout website and am loving it. I will try this chocolate lava cake recipe at one of my gatherings with friends. How many lava cakes will this recipe make?

Thanks
    beelay

• wiffy replied: — December 26th, 2012 @ 3:24 pm

Hi, this recipe makes approximately three 6-oz ramekin cakes.

4. Valerie — December 25, 2012 @ 5:50 pm

Thanks for the recipe! Its pretty easy to follow and received good reviews! However, as I do not have ramekins, I tried it on those bendable silicon muffins tray and when i flipped it over the choc began oozing out! Perhaps should try to bake it for 12 min or longer. Thanks again!

5. Zirkie — December 26, 2012 @ 2:31 am

Lovely recipe with BEAUTIFUL pics!!

6. dhanush — December 28, 2012 @ 3:09 pm

are you sure its just 20g self raising flour or is it 200g becuse I have all the ingredints ready and I going to make it today and my mother said 20g is like really less .

7. Baking Scientist — February 22, 2013 @ 9:57 am

Thanks for the recipe! I made it this morning using muffin case (Diameter 5cm, those sturdy ones for cupcakes). I baked it for 10mins but it was perhaps too long for this size so the chocolate did not flow out. Will reduce the baking time to 9mins the next time. I can’t believe how easy it is to put this together. Thanks for sharing! :)

8. Manjula — March 1, 2013 @ 10:37 pm

Thanks for great recipe with very little flour :)
    I baked it as cupcakes and it came out very yummy :)

9. Maya — March 12, 2013 @ 8:35 pm

Hey Wiffy,
    I have tried your recipe numerous times and I have to say its absolutely amazing! Everyone loves it!! But lately the grocery stores don’t have 70% dark chocolate. I bought 85% dark chocolate. Would that change the taste. Should I add a lil more sugar to the recipe?
    Thanks.

• wiffy replied: — March 14th, 2013 @ 4:20 pm

I think the higher the % the more bitter it is. After making the batter, you can use your finger to dab a small bit to taste test, and adjust to taste accordingly.

10. Emily — March 17, 2013 @ 9:53 pm

Hi there!

Do u know how to store left over of these super yummy cake? I can’t seem to find a way to store it and reheat it without cooking it through:(