Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe Ssamjang Recipe Lady Finger with Sambal Belacan Dip Recipe Summer Rolls Recipe Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe

Chicken Feet & Peanuts Soup

Chicken Feet Soup
Chinese-style Chicken Feet & Peanuts Soup

Check Out: Easy Chinese Soups

Chicken feet may be considered fear factor food for some, but definitely not for me – I absolutely love it. At home, we call chicken feet soup “the collagen soup”, as chicken feet is naturally rich in collagen thanks to the gelatin, which is beneficial for looking youthful, promoting supple skin, reliving arthritis pain, strengthening bones etc.  If you want to stay young and beautiful the natural way, do cook this regularly ;) After simmering for 2 hours (and keeping it for a few more hours in the thermal pot if possible), the chicken feet will be tender and the soup extremely rich. Chicken soup made with chicken feet has a different richness and depth from soup brewed from chicken bones, so even if you do not eat chicken feet, I am quite sure you will enjoy this wholesome and delicious tasting chicken soup.

Chicken Feet Soup Ingredients

Peanuts impart a wonderful nuttiness to the soup, and complements the chicken feet very well. I refuse to cook this if I run out of raw peanuts!

44 Responses to “Chicken Feet & Peanuts Soup”

1. Jessica — May 25, 2012 @ 3:13 pm

Wow nice soup with nice bowl.

where u bought this bowl from ?

• wiffy replied: — May 28th, 2012 @ 5:44 pm

Hi Jessica, I think I bought it at Sia Huat (Chinatown). But I think you can find it at any provision shops which sell Chinese cutlery. Good luck!

2. Pauline — May 29, 2012 @ 2:29 pm

Hi,

I love to eat chicken feet too but more of the braised kind. However, after reading your post, I think I will give this recipe a try. :)

Could you cook the papaya and peanut soup and share with us? Thanks!

• wiffy replied: — May 29th, 2012 @ 3:11 pm

Hi, I am not familar with papaya and peanut soup, is it usually cooked with pork ribs? Will like to give it a try as I love to cook Chinese soups w peanuts :)

I have a papaya soup and pear soup recipes btw http://www.noobcook.com/papaya-snow-fungus-and-almonds-soup/ & http://www.noobcook.com/snow-pear-with-pork-ribs-soup/

• Pauline replied: — May 29th, 2012 @ 3:36 pm

Hi,

I’m not sure if it’s cooked with pork ribs. Meanwhile, I’ll cook the chicken feet and peanuts soup to impress my hubby first. :))

• Pauline replied: — June 3rd, 2012 @ 10:45 am

I let the soup simmer for 4 hours to soften the peanuts. I might have to soak them overnight the next time to lessen the cooking time. Do you think it works?
          To sweeten this soup, I might add one or two honey dates and chunks of papaya next time as well. I’ll keep you posted of the outcome.

• wiffy replied: — June 7th, 2012 @ 9:00 am

wah 4 hours. Do you have a thermal pot? It will help to soften the peanuts without reduction or gas consumption.

• Pauline replied: — June 7th, 2012 @ 1:08 pm

I soaked the peanuts overnight but it didn’t really soften it :( I added papaya and two honeyed dates – but hubby finds it too sweet and prefers your recipe :)
              I’ll probably add more pork bones. Sadly, I don’t have a thermal pot or a pressure cooker (I’ve always had this morbid fear that the pressure cooker will explode on me. lol).
              I might buy a thermal pot one of these days when I feel more ‘accomplished’ in the kitchen. Haha!

• Pauline replied: — June 10th, 2012 @ 10:26 pm

I just bought a thermal pot yesterday. Whee!

My mother in-law told me that the peanuts will be soft if I throw them in when the water is boiling after a quick rinse and not soaked overnight. That’s the trick!

• wiffy replied: — June 11th, 2012 @ 1:05 pm

Enjoy your thermal pot! It’s great for keeping the soup warm just before dinner, and for “slow-cooking” the soup on its own. I can’t live without it! You can try other brands of peanuts too :)

3. Whay Hwa Goh via Facebook — June 12, 2012 @ 8:38 am

Another yummy dish !! Thanks noobCook for your recipes.

4. Lena Gay via Facebook — June 12, 2012 @ 12:32 pm

My girls’ favourite soup :0

5. Whay Hwa Goh via Facebook — June 12, 2012 @ 5:40 pm

It’s very nutricious too. Don’t throw away the chicken feet. They’re very tasty.

6. Susan — July 27, 2012 @ 4:37 am

Hello Wiffy,
    Thanks for sharing. It’s nice to see the pictures step by step along with the cooking instructions.Do you need to soak peanut and dates ahead a time?
    Susan

• wiffy replied: — July 31st, 2012 @ 11:05 am

Hi Susan, no need to soak the peanuts and dates beforehand :)

7. wannabe — August 19, 2012 @ 5:49 am

Authentic recipe, you can add either dry bean curd or black eye bean or conch, add it to rice and it could be a meal in itself.

8. Adele — August 29, 2012 @ 2:14 pm

Can I replace the chicken bone with pork ribs instead?

• wiffy replied: — August 29th, 2012 @ 10:29 pm

Yes you can.

9. Tik — September 20, 2012 @ 12:16 pm

Hi, the red dates you used is with or without the seeds? Someone ever told me red dates with seeds are more ‘heaty’, is it true? Will the soup taste different?

• wiffy replied: — September 20th, 2012 @ 2:49 pm

Hi Tik, I always use pitted red dates. Heard that before, never bother about it or verified it personally. Taste wise, I believe should be similar.

10. Tik — September 27, 2012 @ 5:55 pm

Hi, so you soak the peanuts? I tried the receipe last wk, but the peanuts didn’t turn soft, tasted like normal crunchy peanuts. Yesterday, I soaked the peanuts for nearly 10 hours before I cooked, still the same thing. Is it because I used thermal pot?