Sambal Okra Stir-fry Recipe Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe Ssamjang Recipe Lady Finger with Sambal Belacan Dip Recipe Summer Rolls Recipe

Cherry Milkshake

Cherry Milkshake
Summer Indulgence – Cherry Milkshake

Just like how I couldn’t resist making blueberry milkshake when I saw blueberries on sale, I recently saw some cheap cherries and decided to make a milkshake out of them too. I find it more enjoyable to drink my fruits rather than to eat them. And they look prettier too when dressed up like this, don’t you think? ;p Great as a meal or snack on its own, or an after-meal dessert drink.

Ingredients
(Makes one tall glass, or 2 1/2 short glasses for dessert)

– 200g vanilla ice cream
– 1.5 tbsp milk
– 150g fresh cherries
– 2 additional cherries & marshmallows for garnishing (optional)

Directions
1. Remove cherry stalk and pit from each cherry. Chop one of the cherries to small dices for garnishing later.
2. Blend ice cream, milk and pitted cherries till smooth, do not overblend or it will become watery.
3. Garnishing ideas: Top with marshmallows and chopped cherries. Make a slit at the bottom of a cherry and slot it to the rim of the glass.

Cherry Milkshake

Cherries Cherries

More Summer Recipes
Blueberry Milkshake strawberry_muffins3_200 Strawberry & Banana Smoothie

48 Responses to “Cherry Milkshake”

1 2 3 4
  1. peachkins — July 11, 2009 @ 1:54 pm

those are pretty cherry milkshakes and very refreshing too!

2. Evan — July 11, 2009 @ 2:37 pm

just nice today i made the blueberry milkshake using yr recipe!! then u posted the cherry one :p what does the cherry one taste like? does it taste distinctively of cherries? i like the kind with the almond scent :p

• wiffy replied: — July 13th, 2009 @ 11:28 am

wow u tried my recipe hehe, do u like the blueberry milkshake? It has a subtle taste of cherries. Oh, I didn’t know there are cherries with almond scent … special breed? I gotta look for those next time :)

• Evan replied: — July 14th, 2009 @ 5:03 pm

i love the blueberry milkshake, to bits!! and i think the marshmallows go very well with it! how come i’ve never thought of pairing marshmallows with shake? i think its an ingenious idea. haha no la, i mean cherries with almond scent are the maraschino ones lor, the preserved kind that they use for decorating cakes? i kinda like that. ben & jerry’s cherry garcia has that almond scent in it :p so please don’t go looking for fresh cherries with almond scent, you’ll nv find it haha.

• wiffy replied: — July 15th, 2009 @ 4:48 pm

haha, I am so suaku. Ok, learnt a new food name today, maraschino cherries :-) I throw marshmallows atop my chocolate milk and hot chocolate too. Or else it takes so long to finish one packet. Thanks for your kind words girl :wink:

3. tigerfish — July 11, 2009 @ 4:40 pm

blueberries and cherries don’t ever turn to milkshakes in my home…all straight into my stomach! hahahahah!

4. Indigo — July 11, 2009 @ 7:11 pm

I’m so unoriginal with fresh fruit – I either eat it by the handful or compulsively throw it into tart cases. I love this idea! I think it’s time for me to branch out and follow your lead, haha.

• wiffy replied: — July 13th, 2009 @ 11:38 am

fruit tarts sound good to me actually :) Making milkshakes are much fuss-free :D Thanks for coming to my blog.

5. therealchiffonade — July 11, 2009 @ 8:05 pm

WOW, those look good but my 437-pound Boyfriend (BigBear) doesn’t need them! Thanks for the post.

6. plutosangel — July 11, 2009 @ 8:10 pm

Hey cool post.. never tried blending cherries with milk cause I always had this feeling that it would curdle.. but looks great.. worth a try.

• wiffy replied: — July 13th, 2009 @ 11:30 am

It wouldn’t curdle because there isn’t a lot of milk added, but it may oxidise (turn brown after some time) so best to drink it within 10 minutes. Thanks for visiting me btw :)

7. dhanggit — July 11, 2009 @ 9:22 pm

i am so much doing this milkshake on my daughter’s birthday!! looks really refreshing!! :lol:

• wiffy replied: — July 13th, 2009 @ 11:31 am

really! hehe hope she likes it :halo:

8. Susan — July 11, 2009 @ 10:23 pm

Just saw this on Flickr. Fabulous, easy girly glamor. The marshmallow and cherry garnishes are adorable. Love it, Wiffy.

• wiffy replied: — July 13th, 2009 @ 11:31 am

Thanks Susan … love you! hehe :-)

9. Deborah — July 11, 2009 @ 11:22 pm

Looks like I’ll be going to the grocery store today! These look amazing!

• wiffy replied: — July 13th, 2009 @ 11:32 am

Hope you like the recipe :) and thanks for visiting my blog.

10. Bob — July 12, 2009 @ 12:19 am

Mmmmm, milkshake. Love it. :)

1 2 3 4