Fermented Bean Curd (Nam Yee) Chicken Wings Recipe MyKuali White Curry Noodles Easy Waffles Recipe Samyang Fried Chicken Ramyun Air-fried Vegetarian Zai Er Recipe Ipoh Hor Fun Recipe

Carrot, Radish & Tomato Juice

Carrot, Radish, Tomato Juice
Juicing your way to good health – Carrot, Radish & Tomato Juice

A simple vegetable juice recipe for a busy mid-weekday. When I saw these cute looking red radishes at Bollywood Veggies (picture below), I couldn’t resist buying some. Finally decided to make fruit juice out of them because it’s easy and also nutritious. One seldom see radishes being added in a fruit juice and I guess it’s because their taste can be quite sharp & spicy when consumed raw. The trick is not to add too many radishes, and blend them with cherry tomatoes and carrots as their natural sweetness will balance out the overall taste.

Red radish
Beautiful red radishes I bought from Bollywood Veggies – so fresh they still have their leaves on

According to this site, “Radishes can be beneficial to our health as they are sources of Potassium, Magnesium, Vitamin C, Iron sulphur and Amylase. Radish juice has been used for treating skin conditions, asthma and sinus problems.” I just think that it is yummy, so when it’s also healthy, I think that’s a great bonus ;)

Carrot, Radish, Tomato Juice

Ingredients
(Makes 1 glass about 250 ml)

- 1 to 2 carrots, peeled and cut to chunks
- 15 cherry tomatoes (can substitute with normal tomatoes)
- 2 red radishes (can substitute with other types of radishes, about 70g), peeled and cut to chunks

Directions
1. Just blend everything in a fruit juice extractor and consume as soon as possible.

Carrot, Radish, Tomato Juice

41 Responses to “Carrot, Radish & Tomato Juice”

1. k n i t t i e s — November 24, 2009 @ 9:25 pm

I adore veggie juice… my personal fave is celery and tomatoes. Don’t have a juicer though, I should definitely invest in one since le hubby and I are trying to improve our eating habits. Your recipe looks yummy!

• wiffy replied: — November 30th, 2009 @ 5:29 pm

A juicer is really a nice investment for healthy eating. The alternative way such as squeezing the juice through a cheese cloth sounds like a hassle to me!

2. HappyPrincess — November 30, 2009 @ 3:51 am

oops.. i just tried, i wish i didn’t add in radish, I can’t explain how I feel, but the “spicyness” of raddish make me headache now.. :’(

• wiffy replied: — November 30th, 2009 @ 5:27 pm

I’m sorry to hear that you had a headache! I’m not sure why raw radish gives you one, maybe you are allergic to it somehow. You can try the carrot+tomato combo or like Marysol has suggested in her comments, carrot+orange juice combo next time.

• HappyPrincess replied: — January 3rd, 2010 @ 2:10 am

No problem, I will be extra careful with raw radish next time. Thanks for the recipe.

3. Jess — June 25, 2011 @ 3:48 am

Hi, I’ve heard that if we are able to consume 5 different colour fruits/veg weekly, it works great for our bodies. Now that you’ve covered 3 colour scheme for the juices, would you be able to create another 2more? Say yellow, & blue?

4. kiran — February 19, 2013 @ 9:26 pm

i just love the flavor of sweetness of carrot and richness of tomato and slight taste of radish … but after taking juice instant i feel relax …. i just love my self thanks for recipe friend