Korean Seasoned Broccoli Banchan
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Plunging the hot broccoli in a bowl of ice water immediately after cooking prevents overcooking and allow the broccoli to retain its bright green hue and crisp.
Korean Seasoned Broccoli Banchan Recipe
If you want the broccoli stems to be more palpable (less woody), you can shave (using a peeler) or slice and discard the outer skin on the stalk.
- 200 grams broccoli or broccolini woody ends trimmed, cut into bite-sized pieces, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onions
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic grated or minced (or use 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt to taste
- Blanch broccoli in a pot of boiling water (with 1 tsp of salt added) for 1 & 1/2 minute.
- Immediately plunge the broccoli in a bowl of ice water for 3 minutes.
- Drain the broccoli and add them to a large bowl along with the rest of the ingredients. Toss to mix well. Serve at room temperature or chilled.