Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe Teh C Peng "Special" Recipe Gula Melaka (Palm Sugar) Sambal Quail Eggs Recipe Braised Ee-Fu Noodles Recipe Teh 'C' Recipe

Chinese Braised Chicken

Chinese Braised Chicken

Check Out: Sesame Oil Chicken Recipe

This is a simple and quick Chinese recipe for braised chicken which is easily adaptable to suit your preference. The seasonings like soy sauces and oyster sauce are staples in a Chinese kitchen. The savory braising sauce goes incredibly well with white rice. This dish is so high on taste and low on effort that it has become one of my family’s favourite home-cooked Chinese dishes.

Chinese Braised Chicken (Ingredients)

46 Responses to “Chinese Braised Chicken”

1. Eva — March 24, 2011 @ 12:55 am

Looks absolutely mouthwatering! Love the coloring and the photographs :)

2. pigpigscorner — March 24, 2011 @ 7:18 am

would love to drown my rice in that sauce!

3. lisaiscooking — March 25, 2011 @ 4:57 am

The braising sauce looks delicious, and I love this mix of vegetables with the chicken!

4. Victor @ Random Cuisine — March 26, 2011 @ 1:19 am

I also did something very similar last weekend with fatty stewing beef.

5. Cooking Gallery — March 26, 2011 @ 5:43 am

Ultimate comfort food…! Simple but truly delicious :D).

6. The Sudden Cook — March 26, 2011 @ 11:26 pm

Yum. With a plate of white rice – this dish will certainly rock!

7. FoodieNumNum — March 31, 2011 @ 8:23 am

Tried this last night with a few additions (inc. rice) and it was AMAZING. Thank you for sharing this recipe!

• wiffy replied: — April 4th, 2011 @ 1:21 pm

really happy to hear that you like it, thank you!

8. HoppingHammy — March 31, 2011 @ 11:04 am

This dish looks absolutely fantastic, my mouth is watering! It sounds so nice I’d love to try it sometime, but a few of the ingredients I’ve never seen before. Hmmm. *ponders if I can leave them out*

Your photos are such high class, you don’t know how jealous I am of your food photographing/arranging skills. O____O In a good way of course. ;)

• wiffy replied: — March 31st, 2011 @ 5:21 pm

You are too humble girl! You know I’m a huge fan of your photography … so thank you so much for your encouragement!

I always wonder if Chinese food that looks so dark and “messy” might put off those not used to our cuisine, so I’m really glad you think it looks delicious :)

9. torviewtoronto — April 2, 2011 @ 7:08 am

delicious flavourful dish looks wonderful

10. princelyun — April 3, 2011 @ 12:20 am

I’m going to try out this dish, just a few questions before I start. Can I replace the chicken with chicken breast or boneless chicken meat? Also for rock sugar cubes can it be replaced by normal sugar?
    Its my 2nd time trying out to cook using your receipe! What’s bruised garlic?