With the US blueberry season here again, our supermarkets are once again well stocked with cheap and fresh blueberries. I bought mine at S$2.50 a punnet. As usual, I couldn’t resist buying more punnets of blueberries than I possibly need, and so I thought of putting the excess to good use by making this blueberry smoothie. The drink is quite chunky and filling on its own because of the yoghurt and milk. This drink can make for a light and healthy breakfast, or an in-between meals snack.
Like Noob Cook on Facebook
Recipe Updates via Email
(Makes one tall glass about 250ml, or 2 short glasses for dessert)
- 150g low fat plain or vanilla flavoured yogurt
- 125g fresh blueberries
- 100ml milk
- 2 tsp honey (optional; I omit this because I like the natural sourness of the blueberries)
1. Blend everything together in a blender.
1. If you like some blueberry bits in the smoothie like I do, just blend for a few seconds. If not, blend a little longer.
2. Adjust the milk for the consistency you like – less milk for thicker smoothie, and more milk for less thick.
3. You can also add in one ripe banana in the blend for extra sweetness.
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|