Blueberry Muffins Recipe
The natural slight sourness of the blueberries is a nice contrast to the sweet muffins. Plus, they are just so pretty to look at with the burst blueberries and the purple streaks running down the cupcake liners!
Serves: a dozen muffins with cupcake liner measuring 5cm in diameter by 3cm in height
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 190 grams (about 1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1 1/2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 225 grams (1 cup) caster or super fine sugar
- 150 grams blueberries
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 65 grams butter softened
- large bowl & wooden spoon
- disposable paper baking cases
- muffin baking tray
- Sift flour, baking powder and sugar together, and mix well.
- Add in milk, vanilla extract, eggs and butter and stir until just blended (and lumpy). Be careful not to over mix as it will result in a tough texture.
- Fold in the blueberries into the mixture. Place baking cases in muffin tins. Spoon the mixture into the cases till almost full.
- Bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven of 200°C (392°F) or until slightly golden brown. Allow to rest for several minutes before serving. Store for a day in an airtight container. Freeze extras in ziplock bags and whenever you need a muffin or two, toast them for a few minutes in the oven till they are warm.
Leave a Comment
95 Responses to “Blueberry Muffins”
Pingback: Muffins « eve's-piration
Pingback: Blueberry muffins! | one fine home