I saw some really fresh and cheap blueberries and I knew I have to make some blueberry muffins with them. And I’m glad I did, because they are so yummy, I couldn’t help eating them while I am taking the photos. The natural slight sourness of the blueberries is a nice contrast to the sweet muffins. Plus, they are just so pretty to look at with the burst blueberries and the purple streaks running down the cupcake liners, and that made me really happy. I think it’s time for me to head back to the supermarket and stock up on more blueberries. The recipe is really easy because there is no electric mixer required, you just need a spatula to combine everything in a large bowl.
Like Noob Cook on Facebook
Recipe Updates via Email
Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- Serves: Makes about a dozen muffins with cupcake liner measuring 5cm in diameter by 3cm in height
The natural slight sourness of the blueberries is a nice contrast to the sweet muffins. Plus, they are just so pretty to look at with the burst blueberries and the purple streaks running down the cupcake liners!
In addition to the ingredients, you also need: sieve, large bowl & wooden spoon, disposable paper baking cases & muffin baking tray
- 190 grams (about 1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1 1/2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 225 grams (1 cup) caster or super fine sugar
- 150 grams blueberries
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 65 grams butter softened
- Sift flour, baking powder and sugar together, and mix well.
- Add in milk, vanilla extract, eggs and butter and stir until just blended (and lumpy). Be careful not to over mix as it will result in a tough texture.
- Fold in the blueberries into the mixture. Place baking cases in muffin tins. Spoon the mixture into the cases till almost full.
- Bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven of 200C (400F) or until slightly golden brown. Allow to rest for several minutes before serving. Store for a day in an airtight container. Freeze extras in ziplock bags and whenever you need a muffin or two, toast them for a few minutes in the oven till they are warm.
Fancy more blueberry recipe ideas?
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|