This black pepper beef dish is one of my favourite Chinese beef stir fry. The family get loads of satisfaction every time I cook this, where the only ‘complaint’ I will get is that I did not cook enough. I’m quite confident that everyone who try this dish will like it! We really lick up everything (from the gravy to the sliced ginger) on the plate! And the black pepper marinade recipe can be used for stir frying other meats such as chicken, if you do not take beef. This recipe is courtesy of my friend Joyce, who is always so patient to impart her culinary expertise to me. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe with me, Joyce.
- 200g beef (tenderloin cut preferred), sliced thinly and diagonally (against the grain)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 onion, cut to thin half-crescent rings
- 8 thin ginger slices
- 2 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tbsp grounded black pepper (adjust to your liking)
- 1 tsp grounded white pepper (adjust to your liking)
- 1 stalk celery, sliced thinly
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced to thin strips
- 1/2 yellow or red pepper, sliced to thin strips
1. In a wok, heat sesame oil. Saute ginger and onion rings until the latter is soft and translucent.
2. Add celery and bell peppers, stir fry for one minute.
3. Add oyster sauce, black pepper, white pepper. Stir fry to mix well.
4. Add beef slices and stir fry till the beef is no longer red. (Important note: do not over-cook beef). Serve with warm rice.
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|