This recipe is courtesy of my sis Amelia, and showcase easy cooking at its best with only four ingredients – prawns, ginger, beer and salt. This is a family favourite recipe of hers, and it is so easy that she can describe the steps in just a few SMSes. With so few ingredients, the goodness of the prawns really shines through so buy the freshest prawns that your money can buy for this dish! For me, fresh prawns are found at the wet market. The dish is quick cooking too, as I steamed them for only about 4 minutes and they are ready to serve. For best results, prawns are steamed with shells on so the only “troublesome” aspect of this recipe will be to devein the prawns by making a small incision towards the back of the prawn and then using a tooth pick to find & pull out the veins. The results will be well worth your effort :)
Like Noob Cook on Facebook
Recipe Updates via Email
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 4 mins
This is easy cooking at its best with only four ingredients - prawns, ginger, beer and salt. With so few ingredients, the goodness of the prawns really shines through so buy the freshest prawns that your money can buy for this dish!
- 8 large prawns (or 'shrimps' in the US) about 250 grams
- ginger slices no need to peel; enough to line plate
- beer 150ml estimate; enough to submerge prawns partially
- 1 tsp salt
- Using kitchen scissors, trim the head and tail end of the prawns. Make a small incision at the back (tail end) of the prawn and use a tooth pick to locate and pull out the veins at the back. Repeat the same for the underside of the prawns.
- Soak deveined prawns in a bowl of water with 1 tsp salt. After 10 minutes, drain and rinse the prawns.
- Line steaming plate (with a bit of depth) with sliced ginger. Arrange prawns one layer on top of ginger. Pour enough beer to submerge the prawns partially.
- Prepare steamer. When water in steamer is boiling, steam the plate of prawns at high heat for about 4 minutes, or until the prawns turned fully orange. Do not over-cook.
Pages: 1 2
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|