Basic Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
Basic Vanilla Cupcakes
With this basic and easy cupcake recipe, you can play around with all types of decoration and topping to make different themed cupcakes.
Serves: 8 mid-sized cupcakes
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- Place all the ingredients in a medium bowl and beat with an electric whisk until smooth, about 2-3 minutes on medium speed.
- Place baking cases in muffin tins. Spoon the mixture into the cases (about half filled).
- Bake in preheated oven of 175°C (350°F) for about 20 minutes, until the top just turn golden brown.
- Remove the tins from oven and cool for 5 minutes, then remove the cupcakes and cool on a wire rack.
Noob Cook Tips
- If you have vanilla sugar, use half caster sugar and half vanilla sugar for an enhanced vanilla flavour.
- Store for a day in an airtight container. Freeze undecorated cupcakes in ziplock bags and whenever you need a cupcake or two, toast them for a few minutes in the oven till they are warm.
Adapted from 500 Muffins and Cupcakes by Fergal Connolly