Basic Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Basic Vanilla Cupcakes
With this basic and easy cupcake recipe, you can play around with all types of decoration and topping to make different themed cupcakes.
- Place all the ingredients in a medium bowl and beat with an electric whisk until smooth, about 2-3 minutes on medium speed.
- Place baking cases in muffin tins. Spoon the mixture into the cases (about half filled).
- Bake in preheated oven of 175°C (350°F) for about 20 minutes, until the top just turn golden brown.
- Remove the tins from oven and cool for 5 minutes, then remove the cupcakes and cool on a wire rack.
Noob Cook Tips
- If you have vanilla sugar, use half caster sugar and half vanilla sugar for an enhanced vanilla flavour.
- Store for a day in an airtight container. Freeze undecorated cupcakes in ziplock bags and whenever you need a cupcake or two, toast them for a few minutes in the oven till they are warm.
Adapted from 500 Muffins and Cupcakes by Fergal Connolly