Economical Fried Bee Hoon Recipe Easy Cabbage Recipe Fried Tang Hoon Recipe Tom Yum Tang Hoon Recipe Carbonara Recipe Portobello Stuffed Spinach Recipe

Baked Salmon with Pesto Wrapped in Foil

Baked Salmon with Pesto

I saw this recipe from Jamie Oliver’s Ministry of Food cookbook (this is the title of the UK edition, in US the book is called Food Revolution) and this is one of the main reasons why I started making my own pesto.

See Also: Pesto Pasta Recipe

With some pesto in the fridge, you can whip up a decent looking meal like this almost effortlessly. This is a fun yet still easy way to cook salmon besides the simple (still delicious) method of grilling or pan-frying. The food is wrapped up in a foil parcel and after baking, I simply serve the parcel straight on a plate so that the cleaning up, just like the cooking, is fuss-free.

Baked Salmon with Pesto (making of)Arrange vegetables and season with salt & pepper

Baked Salmon with Pesto (making of)Place salmon on top of vegetables and spoon pesto over.

How to wrap food in aluminium foilFold the edges lengthwise first

How to wrap food in aluminium foilFold in the other edges in and scrunch them up to seal the parcel

33 Responses to “Baked Salmon with Pesto Wrapped in Foil”

1. tigerfish — June 1, 2010 @ 11:01 am

This is definitely delicious and easy to make. I like the addition of brussel sprouts – do they get caramelized as well after baked with the salmon?

2. Looks so yummy and refreshing. Jamie Oliver is great I once saw him cook fish in a dish washers, yes a dish washer. :)

• wiffy replied: — June 7th, 2010 @ 5:11 pm

yes Jamie Oliver is awesome. love his style of cooking, so unpretentious and relaxed!

3. TasteHongKong — June 1, 2010 @ 12:31 pm

Simple yet beautiful. The pesto must have kept the salmon moist and flavorful.

4. MaryMoh — June 1, 2010 @ 9:34 pm

Mmm….pesto with salmon…looks delicious!

5. daphne — June 1, 2010 @ 11:21 pm

I am sooo with u on this recipe! It works very very well. I am a huge fan of Ministry of Food- so simple but very delicious. I think one of Jamie’s best book ever.

6. Ching — June 1, 2010 @ 11:57 pm

This is a great all in one, easy to clean up individual serving dish. Perhaps I will do this on my lazy day.

7. HoppingHammy — June 2, 2010 @ 1:22 am

You are SO creative wiffy! Gotta love quick cleanup, right?

My mom makes a similar recipe (similar in the way it is cooked in the foil like this one), but it has chicken breast, stuffing, mushrooms, peas, etc. in a sauce. It’s very moist and keeps all the flavor in. Let me know if you’re interested in it and I can send it to ya. :wink:

• wiffy replied: — June 2nd, 2010 @ 7:23 pm

omg your mum’s version sounds delicious! and yes! I would love to have the recipe if it’s not too much trouble for ya. take your time. xo :)

8. Reeni — June 2, 2010 @ 4:13 am

This is such a great idea! And I love pesto! Never had it on salmon. Bet it’s delicious. :lol:

9. Juliana — June 2, 2010 @ 4:33 am

Wow, what a nice way to prepare salmon…love the way you wrapped with foil…nice pictures!

10. Anh — June 2, 2010 @ 9:33 am

That looks so delicious. I like baked salmon like this a lot.