Baked Portobello Mushrooms
I recently had a cook-together with my girlfriends Jac and Pam at Pam’s spanking new kitchen. We all made one dish each (Pam made creamy tortellini, I made buffalo wings) while Jac made these super delicious and gourmet looking baked portobello mushrooms. The mushrooms were topped with ham, cheese, garlic and more mushrooms. The only “complaint” we had about these mushrooms was that there were not enough, simply because they were too yummy. This is super easy too – my friend, Jac, who claimed to be a total noob in the kitchen (we disagree with her!), cooked this for us and everyone was wowed by the results. The mushrooms were juicy and we can taste the wholesome goodness of all the ingredients.
Like Noob Cook on Facebook
Recipe Updates via Email
She cooked the mushrooms entirely in Pam’s Philips air fryer, and I managed to recreate the dish at home using a traditional oven. This is a perfect side dish to accompany almost any meal you have, definitely a keeper’s recipe for me. Thanks Jac for sharing her wonderful recipe :)
Baked Portobello Mushrooms Recipe
- Serves: 4 as a side dish
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 12 mins
This is a super easy & gourmet-looking baked mushrooms - my friend who claimed to be a total noob in the kitchen cooked this for us and everyone was wowed by the results.
- 200 grams portobello mushrooms stalks removed, caps cleaned and patted dry
- 50 grams shredded mozerealla cheese
- 40 grams ham (about 2 slices) cubed
- 2 fresh button or shiitake mushrooms stalks removed, diced
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- parsley for garnishing
- Place portobello mushrooms, cap side down, on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or aluminium foil.
- Divide and top mushrooms with cheese, followed by the cubed ham, diced mushrooms and garlic. Season with salt and black pepper. Drizzle olive oil over the mushrooms.
- Baked in preheated oven of 200°C for 12 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and the toppings start to brown. If using air fryer, cook in preheated temperature of 180°C for about 10 minutes. Garnish with fresh or dried parsley.
(Get step-by-step photos and ingredient list on page 2)
Pages: 1 2
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|