Baked Cheesy Bolognese Pasta
Thanks to my frozen batch of home-made bolognese sauce, I am able to whip up decent, quick and fuss-free meals on busy days. All I need to do is to bake some cooked pasta with bolognese sauce and cheese, and we have a delectable pasta meal with minimum effort. Even though this is not a traditional Italian way of cooking with bolognese sauce unlike Spaghetti Bolognese, we enjoy the taste very much because the warm, melty cheese goes so well with the meat sauce. If you freeze your bolognese sauce like I do, thaw it before baking either using the microwave oven (I use the steam defrost feature on mine) or stove top.
Like Noob Cook on Facebook
Recipe Updates via Email
Baked Cheesy Bolognese Pasta Recipe
- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
Even though this is not a traditional Italian recipe, the melty cheese goes so well with the Bolognese meat sauce. If you make your own Bolognese sauce, freeze the extras to cook this dish quickly and effortlessly.
- 100 grams penne or other favourite pasta
- 300 grams bolognese sauce (see recipe here) if frozen, thaw before use
- 100 grams shredded mozzarella cheese
- dried parsley flakes optional
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling, salted water, 2 minutes less than the timing on the package. Drain pasta.
- Combine cooked pasta with bolognese sauce. Divide pasta into two individual serving sizes, oven-safe baking dishes. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake in pre-heated oven of 200°C for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is nicely melted. Top with dried parsley flakes before serving.
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|