Dressing Up a Can of Baked Beans
This is another no-pride recipe. It’s basically a can of baked beans in disguise. No “real” cooking required, I let my microwave do the work. But it turns out quite yummy too. I thought of doing this because when I was in school, I remembered the rice stall had this sausage with baked beans dish which I liked very much. This is my lazy way of recreating it. I also added some lettuce and diced peppers for colour & fiber.
Like Noob Cook on Facebook
Recipe Updates via Email
- 1 small can baked beans (about 250g)
- 2 to 3 sausages, sliced thinly
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced (I used 1/4 red pepper and 1/4 green pepper for colour)
- a few lettuce leaves (stacked together and sliced thinly)
1. Empty baked beans into a microwavable bowl/plate. Add cut sausages. Cover with microwave-safe cling wrap and leave a small opening. Microwave for about 2 minutes on high or until warm.
2. Use a spoon to mix the sausages and baked beans well.
3. Microwave the bell peppers for about 2 minutes on high.
4. Mix in half of the cooked bell peppers, then top the dish with some lettuce, and the remaining bell peppers. Serve with rice.
Love microwave recipes? Check out my microwaved potatoes.
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|