Bak Kwa Fried Rice
Bak Kwa Fried Rice Recipe
For best results when cooking fried rice, use cooked rice that has been refrigerated overnight. If you do not like the idea of overnight rice , you can also use freshly cooked rice which has been refrigerated for at least 2 hours in the fridge. Refrigerating the rice keeps the grains dry so that they won’t stick to each other during stir frying.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 4 shallots peeled and finely chopped
- 400 grams cooked rice (1 cup uncooked rice cooked in 1 cup of water) refrigerated overnight
- 3/4 cup frozen vegetables thawed
- 2 eggs beaten and seasoned with 1/4 tsp light soy sauce and white pepper powder
- 50 grams cooked frozen prawns (shrimps) thawed
- 80 grams bak kwa cut with scissors to small bite-sized squares
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onions
- 1/4 tsp salt to taste
- white pepper to taste
- Heat oil in wok, stir fry shallots and garlic until shallots turn translucent.
- Add rice and thawed vegetables. Stir fry for a minute until well mixed.
- Pour egg evenly over rice. Stir fry on high heat until the egg is semi dry. Add shrimps and bak kwa; stir fry briefly until the egg is just cooked.
- Add spring onions and stir though to mix evenly. Season the fried rice with salt and white pepper.