Bacon Roasted Potatoes
With 3 weeks more to Christmas, ’tis definitely the season for more roasting recipes. Bacon roasted potatoes are a great way of enjoying roasted potatoes because the bacon oil and bits really flavour the potatoes. It is quite sinful with the bacon fats but like all foods sinful, they are so delicious. I adapted the recipe from Michael Smith’s Chef at Home program (one of my favourite cooking shows) and this is my favourite to-go simple roasted potatoes recipe. I enjoy these potatoes both as a meal on its own or as a side dish.
Like Noob Cook on Facebook
Recipe Updates via Email
Recipe adapted from Chef at Home
- 150g streaky bacon, stacked on top of each other and thinly sliced
- 8 baby potatoes (scrubbed & skin on), halved or quartered
- 5 cloves garlic, mashed
- 2 dried bay leaves
- sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1. Toss bacon slices in a large sauté pan, add a splash of water and begin heating the pan over a medium-high heat. When the water evaporates and the bacon begins to brown, turn the heat down and continue cooking until the bacon is browned and crisp. Set aside the bacon oil and the bacon bits.
2. Par boil the potatoes in boiling water for about 10 minutes. Add par-boiled potatoes in a roasting tray, and coat the potatoes with bacon oil.
3. Season the potatoes with sea salt and pepper. Add garlic and bay leaves. Roast the potatoes at 200C for about 20 minutes, or until the skin is wrinkled. Top with the previously prepared bacon bits.
1. I par boil the potatoes in step 2 to reduce the roasting time. If you do not wish to do so, you can use raw potatoes but increase the roasting time to about 40 minutes or until the potato skin is wrinkled.
2. You may also add 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary in the roasting tray for additional flavour.
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|