Avocado Hair Mask
Avocado Hair Mask Recipe
An all-natural DIY hair mask using avocado and olive oil, perfect for dry hair and scalp. The mask do not keep well and it is recommended to use it within a day.
Serves: 1 (for long hair); half the recipe for short hair
Prep Time: 10 mins
- 1 ripe avocado pitted, peeled and mashed*
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil substitute with jojoba oil or sweet almond oil for colour-treated hair
You also need:
- disposable shower cap
* To cut a ripe avocado, use a knife to halve the avocado lengthwise around the seed. Use one hand to grab the top half of the avocado and your other hand to grab the lower part, then twist the avocado to separate. Stab the seed with tip of the knife to remove. Place avocado flesh on a chopping board and use the flat edge of your knife or back of a spoon to mash the avocado.
- In a small bowl, whisk mashed avocado with olive oil until well combined.
- Apply hair mask on damp hair, including the scalp and hair ends. Tuck your hair in a shower cap.
- After 20 minutes, rinse off the hair mask while massaging the scalp. Shampoo as usual. Enjoy your silky soft hair!
Noob Cook Tips
- You can do variations to the hair mask by adding 1/2 tbsp honey or plain yoghurt to the above recipe.
- The shower cap is useful to reduce mess and aid absorbency (the heat seals in the hair mask).
- If you have colour-treated hair, substitute olive oil with jojoba oil or sweet almond oil, as olive oil may lighten hair highlights.