Watermelon Soju Recipe Bittergourd Salted Egg Recipe Myojo Ramen Char Mee 100 (Instant Noodles Review) Snowskin Mooncakes Recipe Birthday Mee Sua (Longevity Noodles) Recipe Mum's Egg Mee Sua Recipe

Almond Soya Beancurd

Almond Soya Beancurd

Check Out: Home-made Soy Milk Recipe

After I successfully made soya beancurd pudding, my family asked for almond flavoured beancurd, which is a popular variation you can order besides the original soya flavour. My family told me to use the bottled almond syrup which is commonly sold at all local major supermarkets. Before this, I do not even know that this almond syrup existed. I was skeptical at first, but after adding just a tbsp to the basic recipe, the beancurd pudding indeed tasted similar to the almond beancurd pudding sold outside. I have no idea if this is what the stalls do for the almond flavour, but it is definitely an effortless trick that worked for me.

Almond Soya Beancurd

Tips on getting silky, soft and smooth texture

1. As the quantities are small, it is recommended to use a digital weighing scale for accuracy. Each gram of instant jelly powder makes a difference in the resulting firmness.
  2. Sieve the mixture for about 4 times before pouring into chilling bowls.
  3. When pouring the mixture into bowls, do so gently and at a low height.
  4. Flatten surface bubbles with the back of a spoon before chilling the pudding.

21 Responses to “Almond Soya Beancurd”

1. Janet — August 14, 2012 @ 7:52 am

Hi,

Is it to cling wrap the bowl of bean curd when chilling in fridge?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

• wiffy replied: — August 22nd, 2012 @ 10:42 am

Yes, correct.

2. mookie — August 23, 2012 @ 11:32 pm

Hi there,
    thanks for sharing the recipe. I have waited over two hours and the beancurd still has not set. im not sure what’s gone wrong. Any advice?

• wiffy replied: — August 24th, 2012 @ 1:14 pm

Hi mookie, wait a while longer. If still not set, add more jelly powder next time.

3. Pauline — August 27, 2012 @ 3:10 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the recipe. I tried it twice but both attempts didn’t get the bean curd to solidify to the consistency like Lao Ban’s. I used slightly more instant jelly powder the second time around. :( The taste is almost there but it’s just too soft.

4. sandy — September 29, 2012 @ 10:25 pm

Hi,
    why do you need to sieve 4 times for the almond soya beancurd? tks

5. Suzie — November 2, 2012 @ 8:58 pm

Instead of using the soya bean powder, I made the pudding with freshly made soy milk made in Joyoung Soy Milk Maker. It is so smooth and yummy. Just love the taste of almond. Thanks for your recipe.

• Irene replied: — February 20th, 2013 @ 2:07 pm

Hi Suzie,
      Can you share yours method of using freshly made soy milk which made in Joyoung Soy Milk Maker. I’ve this Joyoung Soy Milk Maker also. Thank you.

6. kasey — June 7, 2013 @ 5:00 pm

i know this recipe has been around for quite some time, but I just happened to stumble upon yr blog recently n so started trying to make this.
    But i have a problem in that the soyabean after chilling has a transparent layer, about 2cm, right at the bottom of the container.
    I don’t know what went wrong!
    Appreciate some advise, pls
    Thks

7. Maureen Chee — August 4, 2013 @ 11:40 pm

‘Polleney’ Soya Bean Milk Powder.. do you happen to have a picture of it?

8. Maryn — October 23, 2013 @ 11:42 am

How do i measure 5gm using a spoon n can i not use coffeemate cos i dont like the artificial flavoring.

Tks!

• wiffy replied: — October 24th, 2013 @ 2:40 pm

Coffeemate gives it a malty taste, but feel free to skip it. I’m using a digital weighing scale to measure the weight.