Chinese ABC Soup Recipe
Cooking this soup is as easy as ABC! This is an easy Chinese soup classic where the potato and carrots are cut to large chunks, and the onions are roughly chopped.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 50 mins
- 250 grams pork ribs
- 1.3 litres water
- 2-3 medium rusett potatoes peeled and cut to chunks
- 1 large yellow onion roughly chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and cut to chunks
- 2 stalks celery sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp ikan bilis optional; for convenience, place inside disposable soup pouch
- 1 tomato sliced to 6 wedges
- 2 slices ginger optional
- 4 cloves garlic optional
- salt to taste
- Blanch pork ribs in boiling water for about 5 minutes, then rinse with cold water, set aside.
- Add water, blanched pork ribs and the rest of the ingredients (except salt) into a soup pot. Bring to a boil, then simmer over low fire for another 40-50 mins. Season to taste with salt. For best results, keep warm in thermal pot for at least 2 hours before serving.
Noob Cook Tip
You can also add sweet corn (cut to huge chunks) which is a common ingredient in ABC soup.
Leave a Comment
63 Responses to “ABC Soup”
Pingback: Snow Pear Soup Recipe