Fried Rice (10-minute Basic Recipe)
This is an egg-tremely (can’t resist the pun) fast and simple fried rice to whip up with a minimal of ingredients. I cook this during “fresh food shortages” in my kitchen pantry. All you need is some overnight refrigerated rice, eggs and some very basic pantry ingredients like garlic and shallots and bravo! … you can whip up this fried rice in no time at all. With this base fried rice recipe, you can whip up all kinds of fried rice variations by adding your own ingredients.
Like Noob Cook on Facebook
Recipe Updates via Email
- 2 servings cooked rice (about 200g), refrigerated overnight
- 1 egg, beaten, seasoned with 1 tsp of light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 shallots, minced
- spring onions, chopped
- salt, to taste
1. Heat oil and stir fry garlic & shallots till fragrant.
2. Add cooked rice, using the back of the turner or spatula to flatten the rice balls so that they are separated.
3. Pour egg mixture evenly over therice and use high heat to fry the rice (or else it will be soggy) until the fried rice is dry. Season with salt to taste and garnish with chopped spring onions.
1. This basic egg fried rice is good on its own. And with the base recipe, you can use your creativity, and come up with different flavours of fried rice by adding assorted ingredients, such as my egg fried rice with char siu & baby kailan which is really yummy. Happy experimenting!
2. Instead of overnight refrigerated rice, you can also use freshly cooked rice which has been refrigerated for at least 2 hours.
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|