Fermented Bean Curd (Nam Yee) Chicken Wings Recipe MyKuali White Curry Noodles Easy Waffles Recipe Samyang Fried Chicken Ramyun Air-fried Vegetarian Zai Er Recipe Ipoh Hor Fun Recipe

XO Sauce Scallops

XO Sauce Scallops

Check Out: XO Sauce Recipes

This XO sauce scallops is a homely and gourmet treat at the same time. I love XO Sauce and I truly believe that every cook into Chinese cooking should have a bottle in the kitchen. In my pantry, I am never without it. XO Sauce is a gourmet Cantonese seafood sauce made up of dried scallops & dried shrimps among other ingredients, and it can be eaten on its own as a condiment or used in stir-fries. Whenever I need to wok something in a hurry, I used XO Sauce as the base and I will most certainly be ensured a restaurant-quality and luxurious Chinese dish with minimum effort and preparation.

XO Sauce

Even though a bottle of XO Sauce is pricey (about S$20 a bottle) due to the dried scallops, a little goes a long way in cooking. Dishes with XO Sauce are premiumly priced at Chinese restaurants, so a dish with XO sauce is much cheaper when cooked at home.

31 Responses to “XO Sauce Scallops”

1. sjay — February 22, 2012 @ 7:36 pm

Your scallops look beautiful! May I ask where you purchased your Hokkaido scallops? Any suggestions for where to find them fresh? I made the mistake of purchasing scallops at my nearest grocery and then ended up in the bin; slimy and smelly. Thanks for any suggestions–looking forward to trying the recipe!

• wiffy replied: — February 22nd, 2012 @ 9:16 pm

Hi, I’m in Singapore and I got mine at NTUC. There’s a photo of the box with the scallops in the post above. the normal price is S$36.90 but now and then, it’s on sale for about S$30. Hope you find it!

2. Ann@Anncoo Journal — February 22, 2012 @ 10:34 pm

This is definitely an expensive dish if we order in the Chinese restaurant. Home cooked is the best.

3. Little Inbox — February 22, 2012 @ 10:57 pm

That looks very yummy! XO sauce, I must get one as soon as possible! :)

4. tigerfish — February 23, 2012 @ 3:50 am

Woah, I don’t have XO sauce in my pantry leh!….

5. mochachocolatarita — February 23, 2012 @ 11:09 am

wow! restaurant quality indeed! next time you’re in town i get you the ones from Tai O fishing village…full of dried shrimps, no dry scallops, but yumm max!

• wiffy replied: — February 23rd, 2012 @ 1:46 pm

I want! hehe

6. Juliana — February 23, 2012 @ 12:21 pm

I never cooked with XO sauce, only had it in restaurants. Your scallops look delicious with the snow peas.
    Hope you are having a fabulous week Wiffy :)

7. TasteHongKong — February 23, 2012 @ 12:46 pm

Luxurious plus : ), an humble version often with me is noodles with XO sauce.

• wiffy replied: — February 23rd, 2012 @ 1:46 pm

that’s a great idea! I want to try it :)

8. masterofboots — February 23, 2012 @ 2:08 pm

I never thought XO sauce could be used in cooking. Good idea. LOL I could cook this in my new HappyCall pan!

9. Helene Dsouza I Masala Herb — February 23, 2012 @ 6:23 pm

Now I realy have to check out what XO sauce is. I never heard or seen it before. thanks for the useful tip!

Looks very delicious your dish by the way! ;)

10. food-4tots — February 24, 2012 @ 12:00 am

I love LKK XO sauce. Like you, we also keep one in the fridge. It goes well with our dried shrimp noodles. Hehehe!! I just found out that LKK XO sauce is so much cheaper in HK than SG. Your dish looks very inviting and colourful!!

• wiffy replied: — February 24th, 2012 @ 11:56 am

yes, I think HK cheaper, but I buy a different brand if I am there (the “lo shan” brand).