XO Sauce Scallops
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Stir-fry Scallops with XO Sauce Recipe
XO Sauce is a gourmet Cantonese seafood sauce made up of dried scallops & dried shrimps among other ingredients, and it can be eaten on its own as a condiment or used in stir-fries.
- 250 grams large scallops if using frozen, thaw before use
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 slices ginger sliced thinly
- 50 grams snow peas strings removed and ends trimmed
- 1/2 carrot sliced thinly to flower shapes
- 1 stalk celery sliced to thin strips
- 2 tbsp XO Sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- Marinade scallops in (A) for 10 minutes.
- Heat wok with cooking oil and stir fry ginger for 30 seconds.
- Add scallops, snow peas and carrots; stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add celery strips, XO sauce and oyster sauce; stir fry until the scallops are cooked and the sauce is evenly mixed. Serve with steamed rice.
Noob Cook Tip
For best results, use large and good quality scallops because they will shrink significantly after cooking. I bought frozen Hokkaido scallops which cost about S$30+ for a 1kg box. The scallops were big, juicy and not fishy, so it is definitely worth the price tag for a dish like this.