Sambal Okra Stir-fry Recipe Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe Ssamjang Recipe Lady Finger with Sambal Belacan Dip Recipe Summer Rolls Recipe

Watercress with Pork Ribs Soup

Watercress Soup Recipe

Check Out: Chicken Feet & Peanuts Soup Recipe

The weather in Singapore is perpetually hot and humid. So the best way to cool down in our tropical climate is with a nourishing and cooling bowl of watercress soup (西洋菜汤). Watercress is packed with anti-oxidants and vitamins. It is said to have detoxifying and cancer-preventing properties as well. Home cooking is all about healthier living so soups like this is a must on my dinner table every now and then. This is a real taste of home-cooked food to me.

Watercress Soup Recipe

41 Responses to “Watercress with Pork Ribs Soup”

1 2 3 4
  1. joey — June 21, 2010 @ 1:16 pm

i like mine with some luo han guo :)

• wiffy replied: — June 21st, 2010 @ 1:27 pm

I like it with luo han guo too, it’s my cough/sore throat remedy. I’ll be featuring the recipe :)

2. wyyv — June 21, 2010 @ 1:25 pm

ahh… tis is one of the soup tat my mom usually make.. i like tis soup very much since i was a kid :D

3. jo — June 21, 2010 @ 2:15 pm

Yup, definitely a soup to drink during the hot weather we are getting now. I love eating the watercress and the ribs after it’s been boiled for a couple of hours. So delicious.

4. This is the soup I most like throughout the year. Watercress is quite expensive here in Australia. Wish I could grow some in my backyard.

5. Little Inbox — June 21, 2010 @ 2:40 pm

This is my favorite soup. Usually take it at my mom’s place. :)

6. pigpigscorner — June 21, 2010 @ 3:02 pm

I love this soup, so tasty and refreshing! Too bad watercress is not readily available here, only in Chinatown =(

7. mochachocolatarita — June 21, 2010 @ 3:03 pm

waaa~ very very healthy…i’ll request sc’s mama to make this (i hardly make my own soup, too lazy heheh)

8. Judy — June 21, 2010 @ 3:06 pm

Definitely a must-have for hot days. But unfortunately if I were to prepare this, I would end up eating it myself. If only you’re my next door neighbour hmmmmm…………..

9. Quinn — June 21, 2010 @ 3:17 pm

Oh my gosh….so many of my blogger friends have been making this soup and I have been leaving the same comment everywhere!!! But it truly represents my thought, anyway, here it is again:

I grew up drinking the second soup too! In my house we add in dried cuttlefish (diu phin) and honey dates (mat zhou) to the soup and it gives it the extra richness and smoky flavour! Very yummy!

10. tigerfish — June 21, 2010 @ 3:37 pm

I just cooked with watercress today…again! Hahaha….that is real home-cooked food! Comfy, homeym and I hardly get tired of eating the same food regularly!

1 2 3

1. Pingback: Bitter gourd Soup 苦瓜汤 | NoobCook.com

2. Pingback: Watercress Soup with Luo Han Guo (Monk's Fruit) | NoobCook.com

3. Pingback: Chinese Cabbage Soup Recipe

4. Pingback: Watercress Soup with Luo Han Guo (Monk's Fruit)

5. Pingback: Watercress | Ivory Low