Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe Ssamjang Recipe Lady Finger with Sambal Belacan Dip Recipe Summer Rolls Recipe Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe

Tiramisu in a Glass (Eggless Recipe)

Eggless tiramisu (served in a glass) recipe

Check Out: Eggless Tiramisu (Cake Recipe)

This basic tiramisu (popular Italian dessert; literally meant “pick me up” due to the ingredients coffee, liquor and sugar) recipe is courtesy of my buddy Anemone, who taught me the layered tiramisu cake version. I experimented with serving tiramisu in a martini glass because I wanted to use up the odd amount of leftover ingredients after making  tiramisu cake. Having tiramisu is a martini glass is not the most authentic way of eating this dessert (though incidentally, I had tiramisu served in a ramekin at an authentic Italian restaurant before) but it is so pretty, quick and easy. Check out my easy recipe, you won’t believe how effortless it is to make this – I only took 15 minutes to make it (minus the chilling time). Update: A reader made this recipe for her Italian friend who said it was good, so I’m really happy with the vote of confidence ;)

Eggless Tiramisu Recipe

The “usual” way of serving tiramisu like a cake. Get the recipe here.

I don’t have a sweet tooth and neither am I a coffee drinker, but tiramisu is a dessert which I really enjoy because it is relatively low in sugar and the coffee taste is subtle not overbearing. The good thing about making tiramisu at home is that you can tweak the recipe to your liking (for example, more or lesser liquor/coffee/vanilla). Another good reason for making this at home is that it is way, way cheaper – for this recipe, the amount of ingredients listed cost me around S$10 and I make about 4-6 glasses of tiramisu. If you order this outside, I think it’s easily S$10 per serving.

66 Responses to “Tiramisu in a Glass (Eggless Recipe)”

1. Ippo456 — May 4, 2010 @ 12:00 pm

Hey, looks good!
    Reminds me Gordon Ramsey’s quick Tiramisu recipe. For some reason I can’t find ladyfingers in the nearby supermarkets :x

• wiffy replied: — May 7th, 2010 @ 11:21 am

and I thought it will be more easily available in western countries! I had a hard time looking for it in Singapore too, only Carrefour, some Cold Storage and I was told Giant has it. NTUC don’t sell it.

2. Coffee — May 10, 2010 @ 2:25 am

sounds ammmmazing!

thank you for sharing!

and chocolate lover .. check my mars coffee recipe =)
    you’ll love it!

3. ILikePaperCutting — May 11, 2010 @ 2:28 pm

this is so creative and yet simple to prepare.

4. Deborah — June 8, 2010 @ 11:25 am

i just want to share this: i prepared this last friday for my neighbour’s housemate who was leaving to go home to Italy that night. And she, an Italian, said that it was good!! I didnt get to try any – because my husband and my neighbours finished everything up in super quick time!

I really like your website – I try at least one recipe a week from your website :D

• wiffy replied: — June 9th, 2010 @ 3:10 pm

Hi Deborah, thanks so much for your kind comment, I really appreciate it. And brave of you to make this for an Italian hehe!! I think it’s yummy due to your skill as well. If you have a chance to make it again, remember to save some for yourself ;)

5. Low Lay Guat — June 24, 2010 @ 9:57 am

your blog is nice and you have attached picture of some ingredients needed.. very clear and detail… thanks… i will follow you………..:-)

6. zaclin — August 13, 2010 @ 10:31 pm

My guests love this!
    As usual.. it is easy, quick and yummy~~~!!

7. Carrie — September 11, 2010 @ 11:29 pm

Hi,

I wanted to try making it but wondering what type of thickened cream are you referring?

Thanks.

• wiffy replied: — September 27th, 2010 @ 11:09 am

Sorry for my late reply. Please see my response to Meowmee below.

8. Meowmee — September 27, 2010 @ 2:52 am

Hi Miffy, may i know where to get expresso coffee? Did u use the Ucc canned coffee? And what is thickened cream? Sorry for the silly questions but I am very new to cooking and baking.. Thanks in advance…

• wiffy replied: — September 27th, 2010 @ 11:08 am

Hi Meowmee, I cheat by using either canned UCC coffee or instant 3-in-1 coffee (brew in a small teacup). Thickened cream, as the name suggests, have a thicker consistency than normal cream. The one I got has 34% milk fat. You can also use double cream, whichever is more readily available where you come from.

9. Meowmee — September 28, 2010 @ 12:47 am

Is there a brand for the thick cream? Can I get it from cold storage or ntuc?

• wiffy replied: — September 28th, 2010 @ 11:25 am

The brand I used is Bulla, I got it from NTUC but I think other supermarkets should have it or something similar :)

10. Yulan — November 16, 2010 @ 5:16 pm

Hi would like to ask whether can u share the layered version tiramisu w us? I need to make one for my friend birthday.