Three Cups Chicken
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Three Cups Chicken Recipe
For best results, cook this dish in a claypot; but if you not have a claypot, feel free to use a wok or pan.
- 1 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 10 cloves garlic peeled & slightly bruised
- 6 slices ginger
- 2 stalks spring onions cut to 5cm (2 inch) lengths
- 450g chicken thighs cut to small pieces (you can also use half chicken, chicken wings or drummettes)
- a handful of fresh sweet basil leaves
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 40ml water
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Heat sesame oil in claypot and add garlic cloves, ginger, the thick bottom white ends of the spring onions. Stir fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken pieces and stir fry until the surface is no longer pink.
- Add (A), stir through evenly, and cover the lid to simmer for about 6 minutes.
- Add the rest of the spring onions and continue simmering until the sauce is greatly reduced.
- When the dish is cooked, stir in some fresh basil leaves before serving.