Overnight Oats Recipe Som Tam (Papaya Salad) Recipe Cincalok Egg Recipe Sambal Okra Stir-fry Recipe Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe

Thai Basil Beef

Thai Basil Beef Recipe

Thai basil beef is a quick stir fry which goes really well with steamed rice. I love to whip this up when I’m in a hurry. To balance the meat and for more colour, I added assorted peas & long beans.

See Also: Thai Green Mango Salad Recipe

You can make this dish as spicy as you like by adjusting the amount of chilli padi. As beef cooks really fast, and overcooking beef will cause it to be tough, I just stir fry the beef very briefly. If you don’t consume beef, you can also use minced chicken or pork, but you need to stir fry the meat longer than beef as they take slightly longer to cook.

Thai Basil Beef Recipe

30 Responses to “Thai Basil Beef”

1. mochachocolatarita — October 13, 2010 @ 6:12 pm

normally, i order something like this for lunch…but i should really try making my own heheh

2. jo — October 13, 2010 @ 10:13 pm

Absolutely yummy and I do so like this Thai dish. It’s looks as good as the dishes from a Thai restaurant.

3. daphne — October 14, 2010 @ 12:02 am

My kind of meal!!! Love the addition of basil leaves and of course the colours that go with it!

4. JQ — October 14, 2010 @ 3:48 am

May I know which brand of thai fish sauce do you use? Where do you buy it?

I bought Knife Brand’s before, and it just doesn’t taste nice.

5. chewy — October 14, 2010 @ 4:46 am

Looks great! Maybe you can try using holy basil instead of sweet basil. From what I’ve researched, holy basil is the one that is used for authentic thai versions and gives a distinctive flavor that sweet basil can’t beat!
    Unfortunately i haven’t tried yet, not easy to find holy basil in UK!

6. Clare @ Mrs Multitasker — October 14, 2010 @ 9:33 am

Thanks wiffy what a terrific recipe! And I was just wondering what to do with my leftover basil and frozen mixed veggies. I’m going to make this tonight!

7. Brenda — December 29, 2010 @ 2:01 am

Hi,

Been looking through your blog for recipe as I’m a noob for cooking. Can I check with you, where can I buy parsley, basil & the instant cereal prawn mix? Would like to try some dishes with these ingredients. Also, may i ask what is pasta water?

Your help will be greatly appreciated. :)

8. MC — September 23, 2014 @ 2:42 am

OMG wiffy~ I made this for supper last night, and finished a bit of it for lunch today. It’s so good, and so simple! :) I didn’t even have vegetables so it was just the peppers (which I fortunately found – almost bought the wrong ones, these ones are tiny!) and seasonings. I somehow forgot the water in Mix (A) but it turned out okay, hahaha. Just no juice at the bottom.

I’m sure my local thai restaurant charges more than $10 for a simple dish like this made with ground beef. It was good, but I found it pricey for what it was, I’m glad I can make it easily at home now. ^^