Snowskin Mooncakes Recipe Birthday Mee Sua (Longevity Noodles) Recipe Mum's Egg Mee Sua Recipe Traditional Baked Mooncakes Recipe Ottogi Korean Cheese Ramen Foochow Red Wine Mee Sua Recipe

Thai Basil Beef

Thai Basil Beef Recipe

Check Out: Thai Green Mango Salad Recipe

Thai basil beef is a quick stir fry which goes really well with steamed rice. I love to whip this up when I’m in a hurry. To balance the meat and for more colour, I added assorted peas & long beans. You can make this dish as spicy as you like by adjusting the amount of chilli padi. As beef cooks really fast, and overcooking beef will cause it to be tough, I just stir fry the beef very briefly. If you don’t consume beef, you can also use minced chicken or pork, but you need to stir fry the meat longer than beef as they take slightly longer to cook.

Thai Basil Beef Recipe

29 Responses to “Thai Basil Beef”

1. Reeni — October 12, 2010 @ 8:17 am

This looks absolutely delicious! Don’t think I’ve ever had a stir-fry with ground beef – I like it!

2. Christine@Christine's Recipes — October 12, 2010 @ 12:33 pm

This dish has got lots of colours and flavours. I can have a big bowl of rice.

3. Tastes of Home (Jen) — October 12, 2010 @ 4:10 pm

yummy looking stir-fry! I can have lots of rice with this alone hehe

4. The Sudden Cook — October 12, 2010 @ 4:59 pm

Love everything about this dish except the peas:-)

5. wyyv — October 12, 2010 @ 7:54 pm

This is one fine dish but too bad I don’t eat beef, perhaps can be replaced with chicken’s meats =D

6. Xiaolu @ 6 Bittersweets — October 12, 2010 @ 8:55 pm

I really enjoy long beans, so this looks like an easy flavorful dish to whip up.

7. mycookinghut — October 13, 2010 @ 1:47 am

Lovely dish! I can only get long beans at Chinese supermarket.. definitely need to try making this yummy dish!

8. Pepy @Indonesia Eats — October 13, 2010 @ 1:34 pm

For sure, I love this!

9. petite nyonya — October 13, 2010 @ 2:05 pm

this is one of my regualr dish when eating out at thai restaurants, along with my tom yum koong! yummy!! if you buy thai basil leaves with stalks, u can actually plan the stalks after using all the leaves. water & leave at shaded spot till it grows roots and new leaves and put out to sun once stable. u can get free leaves for yr next cooking :)

• wiffy replied: — October 13th, 2010 @ 4:49 pm

I’ve been planting both sweet basil and Thai basil. But most of them died! even my kind neighbour helped me plant some but once she handed over to me, it withers after some time. I have no green fingers!!

10. Trissa — October 13, 2010 @ 5:43 pm

A great suggestion to use chicken instead!