Korean Mung Bean Sprouts Salad (Sukju Namul)
Korean Mung Bean Sprouts Salad
This is a light-tasting yet flavourful banchan salad with minimal seasonings - feel free to add your own seasonings such as gochujang, soy sauce or fish sauce.
Prep Time: 8 mins
Cook Time: 2 mins
- 100 grams mung bean sprouts tail removed (optional); rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onions
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 clove garlic grated or minced (or use 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp gochugaru (Korean chilli powder) to taste (optional)
- 1/8 tsp salt to taste
- Blanch bean sprouts in a pot of boiling water (with 1 tsp of salt added) for 1 minute.
- Rinse the sprouts in running water until cooled. Squeeze excess liquids from cooked sprouts.
- In a bowl, add cooked sprouts and the rest of the ingredients. Mix well. Season to taste. Serve at room temperature or chilled.