Som Tam (Papaya Salad) Recipe Cincalok Egg Recipe Sambal Okra Stir-fry Recipe Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe Ssamjang Recipe

Strawberry Muffins

Strawberry Muffins

My wonderful neighbour gave me 2 punnets of organic strawberries the other day. They were the freshest strawberries I had ever seen, and I’m not sure if it had to do with them being organic, but there were none of the sourness that is typical with most strawberries I had tried.

You May Also Like: Blueberry Muffins Recipe

With such fresh ingredients at hand, I had to put them to good use, in the form of these cute strawberry muffins, or it will be a big waste.

Strawberry Muffins

I chanced upon this simple strawberry muffin at nibbledish and it was definitely the perfect recipe to use for the strawberries. I made minor changes to the recipe, and the end result did not disappoint – the muffins were absolutely delightful, perfectly risen and soft. For the extras, you can freeze them in sealed ziplock bags and toast them for a few minutes until warmed whenever you crave for a muffin or two. I hope you like this recipe as much as I do! ^o^

78 Responses to “Strawberry Muffins”

1. hanushi — July 28, 2010 @ 10:27 pm

Hi wiffy,

You say that this recipe will make 30 small muffins. Is the brown muffin cup a small size? What is the dimension of the cup?

2. May — October 27, 2010 @ 11:08 am

hi wiffy

Thanks so much for sharing your delicious recipes. I’m a true blue noob in the kitchen and by trying out your simple-to-follow recipes for blueberry muffins and choc chip muffins, I managed to bake successfully for the FIRST time in my life! Yey!! Now I’ve some confidence to try out more recipes.

What’s the difference between using oil and butter for muffins? Can I substitute oil with butter for the chocolate chip muffin?

• wiffy replied: — October 27th, 2010 @ 1:58 pm

Hi May, I don’t have a recipe for choc chip muffins on my site, maybe it’s from another site? :) So far, I have not substituted the butter in this recipe with olive oil before so I can’t advise on how to substitute, sorry about that.

3. Debbie Russell — June 11, 2011 @ 8:00 pm

Far too sweet. If I did them again I would use half the sugar. Can’t eat them.

• wiffy replied: — June 13th, 2011 @ 10:45 am

feel free to adjust the sweetness, it varies from person to person and very subjective.

4. katrina — June 25, 2011 @ 10:00 pm

With the strawberry season here i was searching for a muffin recipe and found your’s, I have just took out the 2nd batch! I got 23 medium muffins out of the mixture. Me and my son just tried one and Oh my goodness they are lovely! I will try Blueberry muffins next using the same recipe! Thanks :)

5. pzqmnn — June 29, 2011 @ 9:17 am

Am I reading this right? Is it really 2 cups of sugar?

• wiffy replied: — June 29th, 2011 @ 11:20 am

The recipe is correct. But do adjust the sweetness to your liking. You can add 1/2 to 1 cup first, dip a finger to the batter to taste for sweetness. If not sweet enough, add 1/2 cup more and dip to taste again etc.

6. Bel — June 29, 2011 @ 9:55 pm

Hi, your muffins look delicious! I have a question – The recipe for strawberry muffin is 375g of flour or 3 cups? What measuring cups do you use? Thanks so much :) I look forward to your reply. Cant’t wait to try this recipe out myself!

7. Crystal — November 10, 2011 @ 3:50 pm

Hi, didn’t know we can keep unfinished muffins frozen =) Can we warm them using microwave oven? If using traditional oven, what temperature & for how long do u warm them? How long can frozen muffins be kept? Sorry so many questions cos I am a noob in cooking & baking =P

8. pandan — December 1, 2011 @ 8:14 pm

I tried this recipe (half of all the ingredients). Not too bad..delicious .. I used top flour instead of plain fpour. Just happen to have balance of top flour at home.

• wiffy replied: — December 2nd, 2011 @ 11:19 am

wah looks very nice!!

9. Kee — December 27, 2011 @ 1:10 pm

Can I still bake it if I don’t have a muffin baking tin, will it work if i just used the muffin cups (paper)? Heh, first attempt at baking!

• wiffy replied: — December 27th, 2011 @ 1:30 pm

can, but use the harder types like the one in the first photo (those are souffle baking cases, harder than normal paper cases). If you are only using paper cups, the muffin batter may collapse during baking.

10. Graciex — January 9, 2012 @ 12:04 am

Hello, I’m a novice at baking, may I know if can I substitute the plain flour with cake flour?Β