Summer Rolls Recipe Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe Teh C Peng "Special" Recipe Gula Melaka (Palm Sugar) Sambal Quail Eggs Recipe Braised Ee-Fu Noodles Recipe

Strawberry Muffins

Strawberry Muffins

My wonderful neighbour gave me 2 punnets of organic strawberries the other day. They were the freshest strawberries I had ever seen, and I’m not sure if it had to do with them being organic, but there were none of the sourness that is typical with most strawberries I had tried.

You May Also Like: Blueberry Muffins Recipe

With such fresh ingredients at hand, I had to put them to good use, in the form of these cute strawberry muffins, or it will be a big waste.

Strawberry Muffins

I chanced upon this simple strawberry muffin at nibbledish and it was definitely the perfect recipe to use for the strawberries. I made minor changes to the recipe, and the end result did not disappoint – the muffins were absolutely delightful, perfectly risen and soft. For the extras, you can freeze them in sealed ziplock bags and toast them for a few minutes until warmed whenever you crave for a muffin or two. I hope you like this recipe as much as I do! ^o^

78 Responses to “Strawberry Muffins”

1. Kris wong — December 22, 2009 @ 3:03 pm

Hi, i happened to pop into yr website, the food made me hungry …. can i know how much is 1 cup of flour u use in yr strawberry muffin? Normally i measure ingredients by grams or ml … many thanks …

• wiffy replied: — December 22nd, 2009 @ 3:15 pm

hello kris, 3 cups is around 300g 375g (see comment 41 and 42 below), you can also refer to this recipe where the same proportion of ingredients are used but halved (I have the measurements there in grams). Hope you like it!

2. Vincci — January 13, 2010 @ 10:11 am

Hi

I’m very green in baking and found your recipe quite simple and easy. Would like to try out ASAP coz I bought strawberries yesterday. May I know how much is 2 cups custar sugar and 1 cup milk ? I used to measure ingredients by g/ml. I got strawberry essence, do I need to add as well ? Many thanks

• wiffy replied: — January 13th, 2010 @ 10:31 am

Hi vincci, see my comment above yours, where I mentioned the proportions for the flour in grams. 1 cup milk is 200ml 250ml (see comment 41 and 42 below). I’ll update my post too. It’s up to you whether you want to add the strawberry essence, maybe you can skip that since this is your first try, so that you know the original taste? Hope this helps. Feel free to let me know how you like it after you bake them :)

3. Vincci — January 13, 2010 @ 11:51 pm

Hi, wiffy

Many thanks for your prompt reply, can’t wait to give a try ^_^

4. zy — January 18, 2010 @ 1:17 am

there’s some inaccuracy in the cup to ml/gram measurements

1 cup of liquid is 250ml
    1 cup plain flour is about 125g (unsifted)
    1 cup castor sugar is about 225g

• wiffy replied: — January 18th, 2010 @ 12:29 pm

hi zy, thanks for your clarification.

after I see your figures, I measured the contents of my ingredients again and they are different from yours. I finally realised that all this time, I’ve been using a Japanese cup (versus a US cup). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cup_%28volume%29

I’m such a noob because I assumed that ‘cup’ is universal. I’ll try the recipe again based on the US cup measurements, maybe they will turn out even better. I’ll update the quantities again if necessary since the original recipe I based it on stated the ingredients in “cup” which I now assume is the US measurement. Luckily mine turn out quite all right but could have been better. Thanks again for your help!

5. zy — January 18, 2010 @ 10:06 pm

hi wiffy,

i felt puzzled when i saw the conversions. haven come across a japanese cup yet. so far i have heard of the australian cup, US cup and the english cup.

australian cup – 250ml
    us cup – 240ml/250ml (some sources state 240ml, some states 250ml)
    english cup – 300ml

most recipes i come across use the 250ml cup.

For the butter ‘melted at room temperature’, i think you meant it to be ‘softened at room temperature’ ? melted at room temperature sounds like the butter will be oily and in liquid form or some ppl could read it as ‘melted and cooled to room temp’.

I like the pictures and layout of this blog. Great effort there!

cheers =]

• wiffy replied: — January 18th, 2010 @ 10:15 pm

I got my measuring cup from Daiso. The measurements (1 cup = 200ml) are the same as the cup that comes with my rice cooker, hence I thought that this is standard. I’m so noob :( Time to invest on a proper pyrex measuring cup.

I just made a batch of muffins based on the US measurements and they turn out much better http://www.flickr.com/photos/wiffygal/4284768950/ Thanks to you, or I may never have discovered the mistake, or discover it very much later. Thank you! :-)

6. zy — January 19, 2010 @ 11:18 pm

hi wiffy,

I dont own any sets of measuring cup. Only have a measuring jug. Normally I find the conversions online and take the average figures in grams from various sources . All my baking sessions are done using weight measurements.

Looking at all the dishes you have whipped up, you arent really a noob. Pretty decent home cook I would say. When it comes to cooking, I have a lot more to learn. I am a real noob in cooking. Between cooking and baking, I engage in the later more often and enjoy it better.

Look forward to more kitchen adventures from you.

cheers =]

• wiffy replied: — January 22nd, 2010 @ 11:07 pm

Yes from on, I think I’d stick to the weight measurements for more precision.

I find that baking is more difficult than cooking. So I’m sure if you can bake well, you can cook well too, hehe

Thanks again :)

7. heike — January 22, 2010 @ 11:02 pm

Hi May I know where did you buy your muffin cups?

• wiffy replied: — January 22nd, 2010 @ 11:05 pm

Hi heike, I bought them at Phoon Huat. They sell a lot of baking stuff there.

8. ILikePaperCutting — May 11, 2010 @ 2:27 pm

This delicious food seems so healthy, yum yum, can be eaten without guilt.

9. JuJu — May 12, 2010 @ 1:58 pm

Hi,

As I do not have an Electric Mixer, can I use this same method to make Banana Muffins or Choco Chip Muffins?

• wiffy replied: — May 15th, 2010 @ 5:45 pm

Hi Juju, I think you can try! For bananas, you can use ripe ones and mashed them up. You may need to reduce sugar because bananas are sweet. For choc chip, I think I tried before, I added both choc chips and raisins. If you do attempt these variations, let me know how it went :)

10. jennifer neaves — July 2, 2010 @ 12:58 am

Can margerine be used in place of butter?? x

• wiffy replied: — January 11th, 2012 @ 12:17 pm

I have not tried it before but I believe you can.