Som Tam (Papaya Salad) Recipe Cincalok Egg Recipe Sambal Okra Stir-fry Recipe Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe Ssamjang Recipe

Strawberry Muffins

Strawberry Muffins

My wonderful neighbour gave me 2 punnets of organic strawberries the other day. They were the freshest strawberries I had ever seen, and I’m not sure if it had to do with them being organic, but there were none of the sourness that is typical with most strawberries I had tried.

You May Also Like: Blueberry Muffins Recipe

With such fresh ingredients at hand, I had to put them to good use, in the form of these cute strawberry muffins, or it will be a big waste.

Strawberry Muffins

I chanced upon this simple strawberry muffin at nibbledish and it was definitely the perfect recipe to use for the strawberries. I made minor changes to the recipe, and the end result did not disappoint – the muffins were absolutely delightful, perfectly risen and soft. For the extras, you can freeze them in sealed ziplock bags and toast them for a few minutes until warmed whenever you crave for a muffin or two. I hope you like this recipe as much as I do! ^o^

78 Responses to “Strawberry Muffins”

1. HoppingHammy — April 9, 2009 @ 7:11 am

These look and sound amazing! I love muffins, but we usually get pre-made packs…..your homemade ones would beat the “prepared mix” flavor by a long way!

Cute muffin cups and pretty pink background too. :XO:

2. Jescel — April 9, 2009 @ 9:27 pm

my, these look so good. nothing beats organic ingredients at all… love your muffin cups :o)

3. Big Boys Oven — April 10, 2009 @ 6:12 am

This recipe looks awesome, this batch of muffin should taste very delicious!

4. Kevin — April 11, 2009 @ 5:36 am

Those strawberry muffins look so good!

5. wiffy — April 13, 2009 @ 5:22 pm

Thanks everyone, appreciate all your lovely comments :)

6. keropokman — April 15, 2009 @ 11:34 pm

I have not tried strawberry muffins too.

If there’s strawberries that are so nice and sweet, it will be gone before I can make anything out of it! ;-)

The korean ones are really nice and sweet. But I wonder if they are organic.

• wiffy replied: — April 17th, 2009 @ 11:34 am

I’ve been wondering if they are organic too, they look so beautiful and on the pricey side.

7. Esther — August 9, 2009 @ 11:03 am

Hi there,
    I came across your food blog while looking for soup recipes during pregnancy and discovered so many other useful recipes here! I have a question about this recipe, can I use self-raising flour in place of plain flour (and omit the baking powder)? This is because I’ve got 3kgs of SR Flour and want to make use of it!
    Thanks!

• wiffy replied: — August 15th, 2009 @ 11:18 pm

Hi Esther. I’m a beginner at baking as well. As far as I know, SR flour is used more for cupcakes. However, I think you can still try to use SR flour but lessen the baking powder. I don’t think the baking powder can be omitted totally.

8. duckyolk — August 24, 2009 @ 10:59 pm

hey there! chanced upon ur blog incidentally. and while clicking through ur recipes, i saw ur this very simple and easy to follow muffin recipe! i tried it out tgt with my fren today. and it turned out great! thanks! =) it actually inspired me to come up with many other flavours of muffin and try out different types of baked food! =)))

• wiffy replied: — August 26th, 2009 @ 4:54 pm

hi duckyolk, thanks for your kind words. Glad you like the recipe :-)

9. Shannon Loh — October 25, 2009 @ 5:55 pm

Hey hey it’s me again… I tried your strawberry muffins.. it was so good, I gave away the first batch to my neighbours… your mixture actually came up to around 36 muffins for me… and this was my virgin bake…

• wiffy replied: — November 6th, 2009 @ 11:08 am

wow 36? That’s great! U use the smaller muffin cups? I’m glad you like the recipe, not bad for the first time! :-)

10. Mandy C. — November 6, 2009 @ 9:35 am

Hi! I just stumbled upon your site and I must tell you I am very impressed! The photos that accompany each recipe are stupendous..So glad I found you!! keep up the great recipes and thanks!!

• wiffy replied: — November 6th, 2009 @ 11:09 am

Hi Mandy C, glad u like my site and thank you very much for your encouragement