Braised Ee-Fu Noodles Recipe Teh 'C' Recipe Watermelon Soju Recipe Bittergourd Salted Egg Recipe Myojo Ramen Char Mee 100 (Instant Noodles Review) Snowskin Mooncakes Recipe

Strawberry Muffins

Strawberry Muffins

My wonderful neighbour gave me 2 punnets of organic strawberries the other day. They were the freshest strawberries I had ever seen, and I’m not sure if it had to do with them being organic, but there were none of the sourness that is typical with most strawberries I had tried.

You May Also Like: Blueberry Muffins Recipe

With such fresh ingredients at hand, I had to put them to good use, in the form of these cute strawberry muffins, or it will be a big waste.

Strawberry Muffins

I chanced upon this simple strawberry muffin at nibbledish and it was definitely the perfect recipe to use for the strawberries. I made minor changes to the recipe, and the end result did not disappoint – the muffins were absolutely delightful, perfectly risen and soft. For the extras, you can freeze them in sealed ziplock bags and toast them for a few minutes until warmed whenever you crave for a muffin or two. I hope you like this recipe as much as I do! ^o^

78 Responses to “Strawberry Muffins”

1. HoppingHammy — April 9, 2009 @ 7:11 am

These look and sound amazing! I love muffins, but we usually get pre-made packs…..your homemade ones would beat the “prepared mix” flavor by a long way!

Cute muffin cups and pretty pink background too. :XO:

2. Jescel — April 9, 2009 @ 9:27 pm

my, these look so good. nothing beats organic ingredients at all… love your muffin cups :o)

3. Big Boys Oven — April 10, 2009 @ 6:12 am

This recipe looks awesome, this batch of muffin should taste very delicious!

4. Kevin — April 11, 2009 @ 5:36 am

Those strawberry muffins look so good!

5. wiffy — April 13, 2009 @ 5:22 pm

Thanks everyone, appreciate all your lovely comments :)

6. keropokman — April 15, 2009 @ 11:34 pm

I have not tried strawberry muffins too.

If there’s strawberries that are so nice and sweet, it will be gone before I can make anything out of it! ;-)

The korean ones are really nice and sweet. But I wonder if they are organic.

• wiffy replied: — April 17th, 2009 @ 11:34 am

I’ve been wondering if they are organic too, they look so beautiful and on the pricey side.

7. Esther — August 9, 2009 @ 11:03 am

Hi there,
    I came across your food blog while looking for soup recipes during pregnancy and discovered so many other useful recipes here! I have a question about this recipe, can I use self-raising flour in place of plain flour (and omit the baking powder)? This is because I’ve got 3kgs of SR Flour and want to make use of it!
    Thanks!

• wiffy replied: — August 15th, 2009 @ 11:18 pm

Hi Esther. I’m a beginner at baking as well. As far as I know, SR flour is used more for cupcakes. However, I think you can still try to use SR flour but lessen the baking powder. I don’t think the baking powder can be omitted totally.

8. duckyolk — August 24, 2009 @ 10:59 pm

hey there! chanced upon ur blog incidentally. and while clicking through ur recipes, i saw ur this very simple and easy to follow muffin recipe! i tried it out tgt with my fren today. and it turned out great! thanks! =) it actually inspired me to come up with many other flavours of muffin and try out different types of baked food! =)))

• wiffy replied: — August 26th, 2009 @ 4:54 pm

hi duckyolk, thanks for your kind words. Glad you like the recipe :-)

9. Shannon Loh — October 25, 2009 @ 5:55 pm

Hey hey it’s me again… I tried your strawberry muffins.. it was so good, I gave away the first batch to my neighbours… your mixture actually came up to around 36 muffins for me… and this was my virgin bake…

• wiffy replied: — November 6th, 2009 @ 11:08 am

wow 36? That’s great! U use the smaller muffin cups? I’m glad you like the recipe, not bad for the first time! :-)

10. Mandy C. — November 6, 2009 @ 9:35 am

Hi! I just stumbled upon your site and I must tell you I am very impressed! The photos that accompany each recipe are stupendous..So glad I found you!! keep up the great recipes and thanks!!

• wiffy replied: — November 6th, 2009 @ 11:09 am

Hi Mandy C, glad u like my site and thank you very much for your encouragement