Ginger and Scallions Pork
Ginger and Scallions Pork Recipe
Using the tenderloin cut and slicing the meat against the grain diagonally are essential for achieving tenderly cooked pork.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 200g pork (tenderloin cut preferred) sliced thinly and diagonally (against the grain)
- 4 slices of ginger sliced thinly
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 stalks spring onions (scallions) cut to 5cm (2-inch) lengths
- 2 chilli padi sliced thinly; to taste
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine (Hua Diao or Shao Hsing)
- 40ml water
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Marinate the pork slices in (A) for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in wok, stir fry ginger for 20 seconds. Then add garlic and chilli. Stir fry for another 30 seconds.
- Add pork slices, stir fry until you see that they are fully cooked on the surface.
- Add water and spring onions. At the first sight of the spring onions withering, drizzle Chinese cooking wine along the side of the wok and let the alcohol evaporate in a few seconds. Turn off the flame. This dish is best served with steamed rice.