Claypot Liver with Ginger & Spring Onions
Claypot Liver with Ginger & Spring Onions Recipe
For best results, cook and serve this dish in a claypot though it is perfectly fine to cook this dish in a regular wok or pan.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 250 grams pig's liver cut to thin, even slices
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1.5 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1.5 tbsp cooking oil divided
- 50 grams ginger thinly sliced
- 8 stalks spring onions ends trimmed; cut to 5-cm (2-inch) length
- 1/2 onion sliced to rings
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- cornstarch solution dissolve 1/2 tbsp cornflour in 3 tbsp water
- Coat liver slices evenly with cornflour and light soy sauce in a bowl. Marinade for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in claypot. Cook liver slices in wok or claypot (no overlapping, in batches) on one side first, then flip to other side. Do not overcook. Set aside pan-fried liver on a plate.
- Add remaining oil to the claypot; stir fry ginger, the white bottom part of the spring onions and onions, until the onions start to soften and turn translucent. Add garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the remaining spring onions, sugar, Chinese cooking wine and sesame oil. Stir fry briefly until fragrant.
- Pour the cornstarch solution slowly (in 2-3 batches) over the contents in the claypot/wok and stir thoroughly. Once the sauce thickens, turn off the stove. Return the previously cooked liver slices back to wok and stir fry briefly until the liver pieces are evenly coated in the sauce.