Sambal Quail Eggs Recipe Braised Ee-Fu Noodles Recipe Teh 'C' Recipe Watermelon Soju Recipe Bittergourd Salted Egg Recipe Myojo Ramen Char Mee 100 (Instant Noodles Review)

Stir-fried Leeks with Roast Pork and Bean Curd

Stir-fry Leeks Recipe

Today is the 15th day of Chinese New Year, also known as Yuan Xiao Festival (元宵节) or Lantern Festival. This day is also the Chinese version of Valentine’s Day, and marks the end of the Chinese New Year festivities. It’s a great day to eat leeks, an auspicious food for Chinese New Year because the character “蒜” in its Chinese name (蒜苗/大蒜) sounds like calculating (“算”) in Mandarin, symbolizing wealth. In this recipe, I stir-fry leeks with roast pork, a winning combination I saw at my friend’s Pablo blog.

You May Also Like: Stir-fried Leeks with Vegetables (Meatless Recipe)

The natural saltiness of the roast pork flavours the dish and complements the leeks well. I added tau kwa (deep fried bean curd) and carrots for a more complete meal. The result was good and a hit with my family.

Stir-fry Leeks Recipe

Whether I make my own roast pork (siu yuk) or buy it ready-made from the market, I always plan for leftovers the next day to cook this dish. In this way, I got two meals figured out.

25 Responses to “Stir-fried Leeks with Roast Pork and Bean Curd”

1. Little Inbox — February 20, 2011 @ 6:28 pm

I cook it in this way too. Delicious!

2. pigpigscorner — February 21, 2011 @ 6:08 am

My grandma used to do this with leftover roast pork, so good with rice!

3. adelene — February 26, 2011 @ 12:17 pm

Hi, you have forgotten the fried beancurd in the direction procedure.;(

• wiffy replied: — February 27th, 2011 @ 10:25 pm

Oh dear, I just realised it and I have amended the recipe. Sorry about it and thanks for letting me know.

4. Nelly — March 2, 2011 @ 1:03 pm

Thank you for the great idea. I still have leftover roast pork and definitely will try this recipe out =)
    Btw, just wondering, how did you cut your carrot so beautifully? =D

5. Princelyun — April 1, 2011 @ 1:42 pm

Another dish I tried, second attempt to cook in my life! The dish turned out soggy wonder if it’s the leek? And my roasted pork taste bitter on skin! I think I added too much Chinese wine. How come mine is so wet? Help! Need to practice more. This is mild dish too :( I messed it

• wiffy replied: — April 4th, 2011 @ 12:51 pm

I’m not sure why it is soggy, did you dry the vegetables before stir frying or measure the amount of ingredients (instead of estimation)? I’m also not sure why the roasted pork taste bitter, it should taste as it is when you bought it. If it is too mild, you can season it to taste (e.g. more salt)

6. Eliza — March 14, 2013 @ 5:02 am

Hi

Can we add water during frying , at what stage, and would this cause the lost of aroma of the wine at the end?

• wiffy replied: — March 14th, 2013 @ 4:14 pm

Hi, yes you can eat water or chicken stock during the stir-frying. Add the wine at the very end of cooking, you won’t lose the flavour.

• Eliza replied: — March 14th, 2013 @ 5:31 pm