Beef Bulgogi Recipe Multigrain Rice Recipe Ssamjang Recipe Lady Finger with Sambal Belacan Dip Recipe Summer Rolls Recipe Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowl Recipe

Stir-fried Leeks with Roast Pork and Bean Curd

Stir-fry Leeks Recipe

Today is the 15th day of Chinese New Year, also known as Yuan Xiao Festival (元宵节) or Lantern Festival. This day is also the Chinese version of Valentine’s Day, and marks the end of the Chinese New Year festivities. It’s a great day to eat leeks, an auspicious food for Chinese New Year because the character “蒜” in its Chinese name (蒜苗/大蒜) sounds like calculating (“算”) in Mandarin, symbolizing wealth. In this recipe, I stir-fry leeks with roast pork, a winning combination I saw at my friend’s Pablo blog.

You May Also Like: Stir-fried Leeks with Vegetables (Meatless Recipe)

The natural saltiness of the roast pork flavours the dish and complements the leeks well. I added tau kwa (deep fried bean curd) and carrots for a more complete meal. The result was good and a hit with my family.

Stir-fry Leeks Recipe

Whether I make my own roast pork (siu yuk) or buy it ready-made from the market, I always plan for leftovers the next day to cook this dish. In this way, I got two meals figured out.

25 Responses to “Stir-fried Leeks with Roast Pork and Bean Curd”

1. Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover — February 17, 2011 @ 9:28 pm

This is exactly my mon use to cook with leftover roast pork during CNY. You look stir fry to perfection.

2. Little Corner of Mine — February 17, 2011 @ 11:38 pm

Delicious! My mom used to cook this too and I soooo loved it.

3. anncoo — February 17, 2011 @ 11:45 pm

I used to cook this too but only with oyster sauce. Yours definitely looks so much better and delicious than mine :)

4. Pipana — February 18, 2011 @ 4:06 am

Ohhhh leeks look delicious but look at those fried beancurds!!!
    I miss those badly!!! (@_@ )

Miss the lantern festival too… Hope you had a great time there ^^

5. Min {Honest Vanilla} — February 18, 2011 @ 11:16 am

How brilliant on keeping the roasted leftover for another dish :) Bookmarked!

6. mochachocolatarita — February 18, 2011 @ 1:01 pm

goood! happy chinese vday too!

7. Lia Chen — February 18, 2011 @ 4:34 pm

Simple food with a great taste is the winner! Love this home cooking ♥

8. Tastes of Home (Jen) — February 18, 2011 @ 7:01 pm

Love this home-style dish..this is how my mom likes to cook leeks too :D YUM!

9. tigerfish — February 19, 2011 @ 4:59 am

Good! 你还在算$啊!:D I don’t remember having this dish often though – maybe just once or twice so far ..quite strange right?

10. daphne — February 19, 2011 @ 6:17 pm

Oh yup! Esp with the roast meat.. did u use the sauce that they often provide as well to the meat?

For some reason, tao kua and leeks always go so well together as well.

1. Pingback: Stir-fried Chayote With Vermicelli Recipe

2. Pingback: Stir-fried Leeks with Vegetables Recipe

3. Pingback: Crispy Roast Pork Belly Recipe | Siu Yuk Recipe

4. Pingback: [Cooking] What to do with roast pork? - Page 2 - www.hardwarezone.com.sg