Stir-fried Eggplants with Egg and Tomatoes
by wiffy on September 2, 2008
I learnt this recipe from a Filipino friend, but I’m not sure whether this is a Filipino recipe. Even though my photo do not look that flattering; but it does tastes better than it looks. Do try this if you like eggplants … the egg and tomatoes complement the eggplants really well. This is such a quick and tasty stir fry for eggplant lovers.
- 1 small eggplant, cut to about 1 cm thickness
- 1 egg, beaten and mixed with 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce, to taste
1. Add the eggplant slices to a pot of boiling water and parboil for about 3 minutes, until the eggplant slices are slightly softened. Rinse the eggplant with cold water (to stop cooking). Drain and set aside.
2. In a wok, heat 1 tbsp of oil & stir fry the garlic, basil and shallot, till the latter is transparent.
3. Add the parboiled eggplant, egg, light soy sauce and tomatoes and stir to cook evenly.
Stir fry eggplants with egg & minced meat
|If you enjoy this article, please share, tks!|