Stir-fried Egg Noodles
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Stir-fried Egg Noodles Recipe
If you are reducing this recipe by half to cook for two, use half an egg instead. Otherwise the noodles may become too wet and soggy after stir frying.
- 200g dried egg noodles 雞蛋面
- 200g sausages (I use cheese sausages) sliced thinly
- 200g hon shimeji mushrooms bottom ends trimmed
- 3 bunches of baby bok choy (xiao bai cai) trimmed to shorter lengths
- 1 egg beaten with 1/2 tsp light soy sauce added
- 150g frozen vegetables (peas, carrots, corn) thawed
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 garlic cloves peeled and chopped finely
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- dashes of ground white pepper
- 1/2 tbsp fish sauce (if not using add more soy to taste)
- salt to taste
- In a pot of boiling water, add egg noodles and cook according 1 minute less than the indicated timing on packaging. Drain, cover with cling wrap and set aside.
- Heat cooking oil in wok and fry garlic until fragrant. Add mushrooms and stir fry for a minute or two. Add sliced sausages and peas; stir fry for another minute.
- Add cooked egg noodles, seasonings (A) and using a pair of kitchen tongs, stir fry evenly so that the seasonings are absorbed thoroughly. Add baby bok choy and stir fry until they are cooked (less than a minute).
- Pour beaten egg slowly and evenly over the noodles. Stir fry everything in the wok until the egg is cooked and the noodles are dry. Season to taste with salt, if needed.