Stir-fried Baby Kailan with Salted Fish
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Stir-fried Baby Kailan with Salted Fish Recipe
Different brands of salted fish have varying degree of saltiness so season the dish to taste accordingly if necessary.
- 200g baby kailan ends trimmed and then cut roughly to smaller pieces
- 15g dried salted fish (咸鱼) soaked in water to soften, patted dry with kitchen towel, then diced
- 4 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 2 tbsp of cooking oil
- 1/2 finger length red chilli deseeded and sliced thinly
- 1/2 tbsp Chinese wine (Hua Tiao/Shao Hsing)
- thin lemon slices optional
- Heat oil in wok and fry salted fish until golden brown.
- Add garlic and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add baby kailan and sliced chilli. Stir fry briskly at high heat, until the vegetables have just withered and are well coated in the oil.
- Drizzle Chinese wine just before you finish cooking. Garnish and serve with thinly sliced lemon wedges.
Noob Cook Tips
- To prevent splatter, after you wash the vegetables, air dry or spin dry them before stir frying.
- Stir frying on high heat for a short time allows the vegetables to be crisp and still retain their beautiful hue.